Need to interview OCCUPATIONAL or PUBLIC HEALTH nurse for an assignment due Mon morn!
- 0Nov 23, '13 by etc1987I need to interview an occupational or a public health nurse for an assignment due Monday Nov. 25. I am a senior BSN student and we have to conduct these interviews to gain insight as to what field of nursing we would like to work in. I have to ask some basic questions that won't take but about 10 minutes. Please respond to this post if you can help.
- 987 Views
- 3Nov 23, '13 by GrnTeaQuote from earikaflemings87I need to interview an occupational or a public health nurse for an assignment due Monday Nov. 25. I am a senior BSN student and we have to conduct these interviews to gain insight as to what field of nursing we would like to work in. I have to ask some basic questions that won't take but about 10 minutes. Please respond to this post if you can help.
Fortunately for you, many such nurses are working on the weekend (call and ask) and will certainly be there first thing Monday morning. If I were you I'd seriously plan to get out of bed early and plant myself on the front step of the public health department in my town or city no later than 0730.
You have no idea who we are, or who would be responding to you here. No matter what you get, you have zero way of verifying it. And your faculty will be so not impressed by your citation of an anonymous online respondent. Next time, start your homework sooner.
- 0Nov 24, '13 by etc1987Actually, I have not waited until the last minute. We were given this assignment as a makeup assignment. I missed class when I was sick. So, I have to complete this assignment on my own time. Only problem is I have had clinical from 6am-6pm Tuesday and Wednesday for the last two weeks plus class on other 3 days until 4 pm or later. We are often in class until 3 or even 4:30. I am not able to be at a health department early in the morning because I have class each day at 8:30 am and I live an hour and a half from my school. I commute each day about 150 miles. I leave before health departments are open and get home or out of class after they have already gotten extremely busy or are closed.
- 0Does your clinical site have an occupational health department ? I'm sure you get a break in that 12hr shift perhaps make an appointment with the employee health department nurse for your break? Many health departments have weekend hours also.
I had a similar assignment. We went to class/clinical 5 days a week. On my break I called the health department. I was fortunate that they had an upcoming health fair on the weekend and one of the nurses was willing to meet with me there on the following Saturday.
The big issue with an anonymous forum is you have no way of knowing who someone is or claims to be. It could be a truck driver from southern England that really wanted to be a nurse responding.
- 0The health departments in my tri county area have one (or more) Saturday clinic a month and one late day weekly. People work and still need vaccines & TB follow up. There is even a nurse that works for the health dept that happened to volunteer at the county animal shelter that is open 7 days a week. I didn't know until I asked