Missed the First Lab!Register Today!
- by blurredyearning Aug 29, '12I am seriously panicking right now. This is my first week of nursing school, and I just missed my lab/clinical time for fundamentals!
I apparently misunderstood the syllabus, though it seems very straight forward to me. Week 1 = Lab #1 (Group A). Week 2 = Lab #1 (Group B). I'm in Group B, so I didn't go today. Well, I just got an email from my professor saying that I should have attended.
I'm so upset! Now that I think about it, I think we got an email giving us more details about lab times for this week. But again, I didn't think much about it because Group B = Week 2 on the syllabus.
We can be removed from the program for being unprofessional, and missing your first lab time seems pretty dang unprofessional to me. I don't see anything in our syllabus about being able to make up missed labs or even how much each lab is worth.
Very worried. Very upset. Really want to kick myself in the face right about now
- 776 Views
- Aug 29, '12 by itsmejuliI bet from now on your pay attention and when in doubt ask questions.
- Aug 29, '12 by Murseman2011Missing isn't good. I have been told by nurses and even doctors that when you are in nursing school, you only miss if you are dying or giving birth.
- Aug 29, '12 by eatmysoxRNI'd suggest you speak with your advisor regarding anything that you may need clarification of. In the future, be sure you know when and where you should be. Nursing school is hard enough without having to worry about whether or not your supposed to be somewhere. Best of luck to you!
- Aug 29, '12 by StephalumpOh no! Every new student's nightmare. I would definitely go see your instructor privately and discuss making some sense of the schedule and then NEVER miss another lab this semester. Time to put on your halo and be as perfect as possible! I would doubt any reasonable person would dismiss you for the program for an error in understanding in your first week of school.
- Aug 29, '12 by esc_newnurseSeriously, This was obviously an accident. Just explain what happened. Hopefully they will understand and let you just make it up. I had people in my labs do the same thing before.
No need to be so mean about it. She wasn't just skipping because she didn't feel like going.
- Aug 29, '12 by JamaicandolBummer! I feel your pain. Dont be discourage or be too hard on yourself. It happened to me in A&P1 i stated class one day late and it was a summer class. Yes, a Six hour class in a five week session. I pick myself up and move on and work hard to catch up. End result...I got an A-
You need a positive attitude to over come this...cry now...but next class arm yourself with a positive attitude.
Dont be defeated by your mistakes. Use this experience as a guide and learn from it.
We all make mistakes...you are just experiencing our biggest fear.