I have a major decision to make. I need to vent it out because I am having a hard time with it.
I have a major decision to make and I am just so lost and confused. Well, you all know how I was working in a children's hospital in the outpatient services and I did an internal transfer form to switch to inpatient of the same hospital. Well, I waited and waited and waited for a phone call back from the Human resources hiring person for the position I applied for. I called a few times and left messages and never got any replies back. I filled out the form on 4/19. Well, I finally got a phone call today and they want me to come in tomorrow and talk to the nurse manager of the floor I had wanted to work on. He pretty much said she just wants to talk to me and tell me about the job. It is already mine if I want to accept it. Well, here is the thing. Remember how I told you I have got a new job in a general hospital working in the NICU. I already accepted the job and I had an interest in the NICU anyway and I took the job fearing that I would never get a call from the Children's hospital. Well, now I am so confuse and don't know what to do.
See, the thing is If I wanted to do the program between my school and the hospital I just got a job at where they pay for your whole entire senior year and that is $15,000.00 then I have to do a two year commitment after I graduate with the general hospital plus I have to work at least 10 hours each week during the fall and spring semesters. So now, I am totally lost. I was going to do more federal loans until I heard about the program. My parents and I had it all planned out to where I would stay home after graduation for 2 years before I had even thought about moving out and I could give at least half of my salary towards loans and have about $30,000.00 (that may be a little high but I figured in interest) paid off in 2 years instead of taking 10 years like I signed in the loan agreement. I love the children's hospital I work for. The doctors are nice, many of the nurses are nice, you don't see nurses striking like they do at the other hospital where I got the new job at. Many of the nurses I talk to love the Children's hospital and just from working there last summer I love it. My biggest dream has always been pediatrics and my second has been the NICU.
I don't know If I decide I don't want to take the job at this new hospital in the NICU do I have the right to say I don't want to take it. I did not sign any contracts yet, all I signed was forms for taxes and I went through the physical and drug screen testing already. All I basically said was that I am interested and I was offered the job and I accepted. My orientation at this new hospital is supposed to start on 5/20. What are my rights? If any.
Oh, why did this happen. I am so horrible at decisions like this