Last Semester! - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 19, '12 by keepmovingrnTruth be told I'm already apart of that 2.9 million bc I've an working LPN for the past 10 years.
And I'm pretty d@#$ proud of it.
- Aug 19, '12 by whatdoIdonow?Congratulations! My last semester was last year (I graduated in December). It was exciting. But, it was demanding also. Be prepared for hard work. Don't try to coast. There were people talking about being on antianxiety meds in my class due to the stress. Having a good, consistent study plan helped me get through. But, as always, there was too much to learn and too much to do to be perfect. And, there was always that, "I can't breath!" feeling of anxiety that would creep in. I found it helpful to focus on aspects of the job instead of the job as a whole. Then, I could mark things off as I got them done. I also found that my last clinical group was pretty tight. We relied on one another and supported one another in clinical and classroom. It was a good feeling. Just know that you are not alone. All your feelings are perfectly normal and shared by your classmates. At one point I was having chest pains and dizziness. I thought for sure I was losing it. Then, the faculty asked us if we were having panic attacks and dizzy spells, and said it usually struck about this time in the program. Knowing others feel the same way certainly makes all the difference. Again, congratulations and best wishes!!
- Aug 20, '12 by KrissyEI will be starting my last semester on the 27th! I am so excited and nervous all at the same. Congratulations to everyone!
- Aug 23, '12 by Racer15I am currently in my last semester and I am ready to pull my hair out. My program's final semester is very front loaded, as we get classes and exams out of the way by the end of October and start practicum in November. I'll be holding my breath until December 7th
- Aug 24, '12 by danceportalI'm starting my last semester next Monday and I am NERVOUS!
I know I did well academically this past semester and all these people believe in me. My last semester's clinical instructor recommended me for preceptorship and here I am, going to have ICU preceptorship this semester. However I feel like I'm NOT READY AT ALL!
I feel like I blank out a lot and that I would just stand there like an idiot not knowing what to do when my patient needs me the most-in ICU!!
I guess this is the semester for me to gain confidence