I've wasted my spring break!Register Today!
- by rubato Mar 22Spring break is almost over and I feel like I've accomplished nothing. I needed to get caught up on my studying, take ATI exams, work on a paper, etc.... and instead, I've been reading fiction, taking naps, and relaxing.
While that's all well and good, I'm in a heap of trouble next week if I don't get on the ball this weekend.
Did everyone else have a productive break (those of you that had spring break this week)?
- 2,114 Views
- Mar 22 by DawnJI once had a family member ask me which day of the week I studied, so they could plan other things for me to do. I honestly said: "I study every day of the week". And I do, at least some. Not necessarily textbook, but if I'm going to read, I will read a memoir of a midwife (OB rotation next) or of a suicide survivor (mental health too). I pick up little things doing so and then am able to pull them out when needed, even if we haven't studied them in class yet.
- Mar 22 by zoe92Ah I feel the same way! I was supposed to have an exam before spring break but it was canceled due to a snow storm... so now I have it the first day back. I haven't been using my time very well either. Hopefully I can stop procrastinating.
- Mar 22 by BouncyballI went out of town for a few days but planned to study every other day. I totally dropped the ball. I am just so exhausted and needed a break. I did manage to write a paper on wednesday, but not much else. I better get going, I have 2 tests next week.
- Mar 22 by Jmtagg623Yeah I failed over spring break too. I planned to write a paper (thats now due in a week) and get all of my reading for the following week done. I went out of town to visit family, so I only got a smidge of my reading done. I spent the weekend before class doing all my reading and I still haven't done my paper. Ugh.
- Mar 22 by Katie71275No spring break here! We had quarter break and will have Easter break next week.....however it did work out that I only have class on Monday and then am off all next week (until I scheduled precepting on 2 of those days!)
- Mar 22 by learning as i goNope, not even a little productive, but I am starting a new class (Med-surg 3) when I go back on Tuesday so at least I don't have any exams or papers hanging over me. I do have some case studies to complete before the first day of class. I plan on doing them on Monday. Don't feel bad! Everybody needs a break.
- Mar 22 by CT PixieNope, accomplished nothing but catching up on my sleep. We had our spring break last week..this week was our HESI and final exam. I had all intentions of studying ALL week long during break..yeah...how'd that work out for me...it didn't. I honestly was emotionally and physically exhausted. I did try very hard to crack down and study but being so out of it, nothing was sticking. Glad to say I ended up doing fine and moving on to the final class of my final semester!
However, with the new class starting next week, I have already read 2/3's of the posted chapters, articles etc to read! I'm pretty excited about that.
Honestly, I put out my best work under pressure and at the midnight hour so to speak...I can know about something at the beginning of the semester that will be due at the end...and I never, ever, get it done early and always seem to do well (the rare occasions i have, my grades have been lower than those that i did last minute).
Now that you're down to the wire, and you've taken that much needed rest time, you'll have more motivation to do it..the whole I'll do it tomorrow thing won't work now and you will end up doing it
- Mar 23 by leonard_huhwe all do this, but hey its a week to relax, and help your mind clear a little. as long as you study one good day its good enough. no worries its life,, dont want to go crazy just studing everytime.