Interview questions - Page 3Register Today!
- May 2, '06 by onduty23what was your hardest patient and how did you deal with them?
- May 19, '06 by wildmountainchildMy interview for an MSN program was an odd one. First of all it was a group interview, that was a little disconcerting. I was the ONLY one not wearing a suit. The program director and the faculty asked us a question about what we thought one of the major issues Nurse Practitioners would have an impact on in the future was. Everyone wrote thier answer down and then we read them aloud (I made sure I went first).
Next we all went outside to the courtyard and each of us had to cross the courtyard in a way that was totally unique from any of the others. I chose somersaults.
We went back inside and we had to write down what we thought the previous exercise told us about the people performing them. I put down that it revealed who the best people to go out drinking with at the end of the semester were.
Then we all took a test, chatted some more, answered some more questions and that was it.
I found out later that I was one of the few to get offered early admittance. I was happy that I had been myself...from answering the questions honestly (really, what CAN you tell about a person from how they cross a courtyard if not thier drinking style) to not wearing a suit. I let my personality shine through, even when in meant stating, that for me, abortion rights were one of the most important issues that will be facing NP's in the future.
I know I've chosen the right school and that they've chosen the right student for both our personalities.
- Jun 12, '06 by merellis2009I am so glad I found this! My interview is tomorrow and I was looking for something to practice with! Thank you for posting this.
- Jun 14, '06 by 2lipcool post
- Jun 14, '06 by 2lipthanx a lot
- Jun 29, '06 by tigress_8207Hi there well thanks for the heads up on the questions was asked some of those very same questions on my interview on tuesday so now could you please post some ideas on possible answers.Just some tips on how we should approach such questions thanks.
- Jun 29, '06 by NRSKarenRNRenamed this thread--has lots of ideas :
Wondering why you can't get hired or promoted: Resume + Interview hints!
- Jun 29, '06 by Loxapachi !
First of all, I'm glad to meet you in this forum and hope we'll be able to exchange all our experiences and feelings about these hard but worthy studies which will allow us to get this beautiful job. It seems that the interviews are not different from the questions we are asked in our country. I would just say like it had been said that being natural, sincere, and ahving an idea about the profession are some positive tricks to be accepted. However, be careful if you wanna talk about a past experience as a patient (or a family member), you may not want the interviewers to think that you want to "rebuild" yourself and play with your emotional factor... Be careful as well about your certainties wich could make you appear as a very psychorigid person, whereas the whole teachers in nursing schools want us to understand that a good nurse must have no judgements.
I only have a question : who are the interviewers in american nursing school (here in france, they are three, actually the headmaster, a registered nurse and a psychologist) ?
Have a nice day
Loxapac to serve you
- Sep 18, '06 by firepilot17This was not for a nursing job but the hardest interview question was:
Define integrity, and tell us a situation where you showed integrity.
- Nov 26, '06 by dru2007Thanks so much for this post. I am in my final semester in an ADN program and tomorrow I have my first interview for a hospital position that could lead to an internship as a GN. I am so excited. However, I don't have a blazer. Just a lovely blouse and a pair of professional pants. Should I go out an buy a blazer tonight?