Intake and Output QuestionRegister Today!
- by NursingStudentMommy Oct 6, '10Could someone please explain to me whether or not you count pudding as an intake? I learned once that if it melts, it is to be counted as a fl oz. So does pudding count? The reason I ask this is because on a test question, we were to add up the total of fl oz. in mLs. and I believe I did add pudding to the total. Thanks sooo much!
- 1,975 Views
- Oct 6, '10 by ProfRN4I say no.
- Oct 6, '10 by NursingStudentMommyThanks so much for the quick relies! I also appreciate the link...it had some good info!
- Oct 6, '10 by metricalpoundOn a liquid diet, pudding is considered a liquid, no?
Just like Jello is ok for a clear liquid diet.
I think in practice it may not be counted but on a test I would have measured it as intake. I think I'm going to ask my professor this when I see what she says.
- Oct 6, '10 by nurse*2*bPudding does not count. It is not liquid at room temp. I wish we could count what someone can drink through a straw as liquids!
- Oct 9, '10 by milksteakAt my clinical site, pudding IS intake. and so is geltain (Jello). This is like how ice cream is considered intake.
But it might be different wherever you go???