I start nursing school tomorrow!Register Today!
This is a discussion on I start nursing school tomorrow! in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I just can't believe it. This summer has flown by so fast, last night was my last night of having a...by kayruhh Aug 12, '12I just can't believe it. This summer has flown by so fast, last night was my last night of having a life. Lol. I made sure that it was fun, needless to say we didn't get back till six this morning. Lol. From now on nursing school is going to consume my free time, but I am so ready for the challenge. Let's do this
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=770551©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,735 Views
- Aug 12, '12 by keepmovingrnCongrats!
- Aug 12, '12 by MsAmbitious87Congratulations!
- Aug 12, '12 by afterseasonI start Friday. Congrats, and good luck!
- Aug 12, '12 by sourpickle93Congratulations and goodluck with starting nursing school tomorrow and I hope you will love the experience!
Nursing school is definitely something you'll never experience before but you will love it!
And don't worry, you will have a life outside of nursing school as well! Just remember these tips below and you will be fine...time goes by really fast and before you know it, you'll be graduated!
-Do not procastinate (lol)
-You must be serious and take pride in your work
-You don't have to get a 100% in everything, just do the BEST you can
-Do not engage yourself in all the drama talk, just concentrate on your work
-Study hard and beforehand but take short breaks in between and don't burn yourself out
-Do the required homework and if possible try to complete it earlier than the assigned dates, as you may have other priorities
-Ask questions and get the help if you don't understand anything! The more you ask the more you learn!
-Keep a close circle of nursing friends
-Time everything out very diligently
-Be organized! Keep your daily schedule all planned out and follow it
-Get to know your instructors
-If you are stressed out, please find ways to deal with it: Short exercises, yoga, sleeping, running, etc. basically anything that can get the stress out of your system
-Get proper sleep and eat healthy, DO NOT pile up on the junk food. Eat healthy, rest well and you will do well
If you do your work, study hard, complete your assignments and do your best, you should have a great time in nursing school. It's not as hard as people say it is, the experience varies from each individual to the other.
Good luck and I wish you a successful nursing school journey
- Aug 12, '12 by LCinTrainingYay you! How exciting! I'm still at the "oh no I still need to buy that!" stage. I'll probably start my party dance next week. LOL
Good luck this semester!
- Aug 12, '12 by Fearless_leaderCongrats can't wait to be in your shoes.
- Aug 12, '12 by kgl_2014I'm just so, so glad everything worked out for you ! Good luck! I'll start Wednesday
- Aug 12, '12 by ShineyNickel76I start on Aug 22! A week and a half left. Funny thing is I have been reading ahead to be ready for the first day and ALL my spare time has been spent on reading my text books and I have barely made a dent in the material we need to have read before the first class. I am still excited though!
- Aug 12, '12 by StephalumpQuote from kayruhhAh, so exciting! Best of luck to you! I don't go back until the 27th!I just can't believe it. This summer has flown by so fast, last night was my last night of having a life. Lol. I made sure that it was fun, needless to say we didn't get back till six this morning. Lol. From now on nursing school is going to consume my free time, but I am so ready for the challenge. Let's do this