Well, I can't speak for nursing school, yet. I won't be attending until this Fall. But, I can offer some tips which kept me sane during prereqs.
1) Buy a HUGE wall calendar and keep important dates on it, like tests
2) Buy a magic marker eraser board and keep any diagnostics or lab values on it or anything you want to remember that'll help you.
3) Buy an organzier/planner to take with you to class
4) Buy a voice recorder to record lectures if you will find that useful
5) Study a little bit each day
6) Ask for help when you need it. Preferably, before you find yourself 'sinking' in information
7) Enjoy what you are learning, it makes it that much more tolerable
8) Study smarter, not harder
9) Buy some supplemental books with Rationales, they may help explain information in a way you'll be able to understand it, and which is also different from your texts.
10) Stay positive, surround yourself with positive people. You're going to need support when going through this.
Good luck everyone!