I landed a job!Register Today!
- by IrishIzRN Feb 18, '08I graduate this coming July (if all goes well).
Today I accepted a position on the L&D unit. This is actually a rotating position...all the nurses rotate through L&D, nursery and post partum. I orient for 4 months so that schedule will be a little rough since I have little ones at home. The orientation isn't always done on your shift so those 4 months will be a variety of shifts from what it sounds like. That will be very rough but it's like that pretty much everywhere so we have to deal with it.
The shift I accepted...3 12 hours shifts per week. The weekends...every 3rd. I'm doing 7p to 7a so there's a nice shift differential (they do a percentage of your pay...not a flat rate so that will be nice down the road).
I'm very excited to have landed a job as a student on L&D and for 3 12 hour shifts.
- 893 Views
- Feb 18, '08 by nursemommyof3Woot! Congrats!
- Feb 19, '08 by mixyRNAHHHHHHH... my DREAM JOB! Really, a big CONGRATS to you!!!
I am hoping an opportunity like this will present when I graduate. :spin:
- Feb 19, '08 by GravysgalCongratulations!!
That is my dream job too,
good luck with it!
- Feb 19, '08 by 2bNurse ElizabethGOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! :spin:
- Feb 19, '08 by TheCommutercongratulations!
- Feb 19, '08 by future L&DnurseCongratulations!! That's exactly the job I hope to get myself
- Feb 19, '08 by eager1hasbegunCongrats! I'm excited for you! Mind me asking where you live? I can't find one hospital in my area (Pgh & MD) hiring in L&D this early (they're overstaffed from 07 grads).
- Feb 20, '08 by IrishIzRNQuote from eager1hasbegunCongrats! I'm excited for you! Mind me asking where you live? I can't find one hospital in my area (Pgh & MD) hiring in L&D this early (they're overstaffed from 07 grads).
I'm in a Philadelphia suburb.
The hospital does 3600 births per year and is growing. I think they told me they had 8 openings for new grads...maybe it was 12. Now certainly these could be taken by employees from other departments first. Positions are opened to current employees and when they expire they open to the general public. I go to their school is I have a little priority but they don't give it that much to be honest.
The department keeps growing so they have open spots. It's the main hospital for the area (1 other that some might tell me is up there...but it's not).
I don't know how other hospitals are doing as far as positions.
So the other thing that excites me is that I will be in L&D department with a busy L&D. 3600 per year isn't too bad!
- Feb 20, '08 by Qtp2t RNCONGRATULATIONS!!!
I just sent you a PM.