Utchick - I'm about to go into the 3rd of 6 semester in a RN program. Here's my day and how I weave school in with my kids (4G, 4G, 2B):
- I wake up between 5:30AM and 6AM. My wife may be awake long before then as one or more of my toddlers wake up early.
- I have the coffeemaker on timer so it's ready when we wake up.
- I shower at night and I shave my head so no bed-head for me.
- We wake the kids and put G#1 on the potty as she's the first one to be in potty training. We get G#2 and B dressed, and fed. Then we go back to G#1 and dress her.
- By this time, it's 6:30 AM and we have to leave the house. My wife works so she takes another car while I load up the minivan.
- G1 and G2 are developmentally delayed so I drop them off at a respite house where the school bus picks them up for pre-school at 9:30AM.
- I drive B to his daycare house to drop him off.
- By this time, it's 7AM and I drive to school. If I have test that morning, I listen to the Chapter summaries on my MP3 player as I drive to school. I also eat a couple of apples for breakfast on the drive while trying to listen to the MP3 player. If there is normal traffic, I make it to school by 7:45AM to use the restroom before class starts at 8AM.
- Class usually ends by 9:30 AM and I am on my way back to pick up my son.
- After I pick up my son, I may go grocery shopping, and/or to the library to pick up some books for my kids.
- I'm home by 11AM and I feed my son and early lunch.
- My girls are dropped off in front of the house by the school bus at 12:40PM. I get them in the house where they eat a small snack like a PB&J sandwich if they are hungry. I send G2 and B off to take a nap while I put G1 on the potty. After potty, G1 is also off to bed. Now it's 1PM.
- The kids will be asleep until 3PM~3:30 PM so I lie down and close my eyes for an hour.
- I wake up at ~ 2PM and do some studying.
- At 3PM, the kids start waking up. I change diapers, pull-ups, etc.
- At 3:30PM I let the kids watch a DVD.
- At the same time, I do the dishes and start dinner.
- At 4:30 PM, I turn off the DVD and take all three kids for a walk down to the mailbox and around the block. When we come back to the house, they play in the backyard until 5PM or so.
- I bring them back in the house between 5PM~5:30PM when I wash their hands, and feed them dinner.
- At 6PM, the kids are fed and off to play they go in the living room. Around this time, dinner is ready to take out of the oven. If I'm rally hungry, I eat, otherwise I wait for my wife to get home.
- 6:30~7PM, my wife gets home.
- At 7PM, I get the kids in the bath.
- At 8PM, the kids are put down for the night.
- Of I have to study for a test, I do so now and go to bed when I can't read anymore - usually around 11PM~ midnite.
- If I don't have a test coming up, I take a walk around the neighborhood with my MP3 player to smoke a cigar while listening to the audio chapter summaries of whatever class is the next day. I'm back by 9PM or 3 miles and study.
- The next day, I repeat.
This was last semester. On Monday I start a new semester. I can hardly wait. lol
If CAN be done. Of course my wife and I don't go out, we don't socialize, for the next 16 months of nursing school
, this is what we decided our lives will be like.