How Many Schools Did You Apply For? - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 3, '12 by meeepI'll be applying to 3-4 of the 10+ BSN programs in my area. This city is nursing school central, haha.
- Dec 3, '12 by bubblejet50I only applied to one adn school and one bsn school after I got my adn. I was freaking out but got into both on the first try.
- Dec 3, '12 by thats so awesomeI applied to just one, and I was accepted. I start Fall 2013, but begin pharmacology and RN skills/assessment in the Spring. It's close to my house so it worked out perfect!
- Dec 3, '12 by old_dudeI applied to only one, but applied twice. I was denied the first time, probably because I had no grade for A&P I, or II or Micro. I reapplied after taking (and making A's) in these classes and start Spring. I intended to apply to at least one other school, but never got around to it, so I got lucky.
- Dec 3, '12 by willowitaApplied to 7, got into 4. Lots of competition in my area.
- Dec 3, '12 by Miiki SNI applied to one, and got in first try.
- Dec 4, '12 by HH_RN13I applied to 6 ADN programs and 1 prelicensure bsn. Got into 5 out of 6 ADN programs and didnt get the bsn one either. But I'm done in 2 weeks so yay!
- Dec 4, '12 by LVN/RNBridgeQuote from mxDP95I'm almost done with my pre-nursing courses. And because nursing applications deadlines are coming closer and closer, and I was wondering how many schools I should apply for. I just don't want to only apply for a couple of schools and not get accepted, when if I applied to such-and-such school I would get accepted. I know many people don't get in on their first shot but how many different schools did you apply for before starting a nursing program?
I applied to three. Two BSN and one ASN. My first choice didn't go since I didn't have a grade for microbiology. I scored well on the HESI for the other BSN program, but the school would not take all of my transfer credits. With this, I ended up going with the ASN since I'm doing the LVN-ASN step up. They are taking all of my transfer credits, I will take one class per term until the last semester at which time, will be full time and I am confident in the program since I attended the same school for my VN diploma.
- Dec 4, '12 by mxDP95Thanks everyone for your input!!! I'm going to apply for about 4, 5 programs in my area so I'll have a couple of programs to choose from. I have an A in AP I and II, I should be getting an A for Micro too (I will find out in 3 weeks after my semesters over). I failed chem so ill have to retake that in the spring, and most likely get an A after I retake it. I don't think my grades will be a problem, but the entrance exams are what scares me. Most of the schools in my area want either the TEAS or HESI done. Any tips or study guides you used? Thanks a lot in advanced
- Dec 4, '12 by SkipsI applied to two. One BSN program and one ADN program. I got into the BSN program, but I did not get into the ADN program.