HELP! Pathopysiology of diseases - websites?Register Today!
- by StarNurse2006 Aug 22, '06Hi all,
I've got a care plan due tomorrow as part of my Med-Surg final, and we have to include the pathophysiology of 2 medical diagnoses that our patient has. I chose Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Hypertension, but I can't find any information online. Can anyone recommend a good website? I am desperate because I want to finish my care plan today! Thanks in advance for any help!
- 2,044 Views
- Aug 22, '06 by evans_c1have you tried webmd.com..they usuallyhave some great info on patho and such..and meds too
- Aug 22, '06 by pamc217I use to use my med surg book, mine had blue pages, and the r/t were in italics, and expected outcomes etc.
- Aug 22, '06 by sdlb08Try e-medicine.com
- Aug 22, '06 by fgofftry AHA & ACS
- Aug 22, '06 by StarNurse2006Thanks everyone! I feel stupid for not thinking of Web MD...but I think I got some good information. I appreciate everyone replying!
- Aug 23, '06 by DaytoniteHi, StarNurse2006. . .didn't see your post until this morning. I had classes myself yesterday afternoon. I like to use the Family Practice Notebook site. It lists the etiology, diagnostics, signs and symptoms and treatments for all kinds of medical diseases and a concise outline form. Here are the ones for the medical diagnoses you've chosen. You should also note that there are links on the left side of each page that will link you into other pages of information similar to the subject you are into.
http://www.fpnotebook.com/HEM125.htm - acute lymphocytic leukemia
http://www.fpnotebook.com/HEM126.htm - chronic lymphocytic leukemia
http://www.fpnotebook.com/CV119.htm - hypertension - note that there is a wealth of links to all kinds of variation with hypertension and types of patients with hypertension that you should probably explore.
I hear the temps were at 110. I used to live in PS and I went to COD. I am an alumnus (my AA) of the nursing school there. Good luck with your care plan.