Help with nursing diagnosis plsssssRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Help with nursing diagnosis plsssss in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Scenario Maureen is a 49 year old administrative assistant at a legal practice in the city. She...by hannahvillar Aug 11, '11Scenario
Maureen is a 49 year old administrative assistant at a legal practice in the city. She presents at her GP clinic, complaining of feeling “as if I could jump out of my skin”. She appears shaky and is sweating, with dilated pupils, an elevated pulse rate, and speaks with a quivering voice. She states that she is wasting her time coming to the doctor, as nobody understands how she feels, and no one can help her. Her married daughter Mary, who is Maureen’s only child, is currently pregnant with her first child. Maureen says she constantly worries that there may be something wrong with the baby. She describes feeling tense and irritable. She has difficulty getting off to sleep, and finds it difficult to concentrate at work. She worries that she will make mistakes at work and that she will lose her job. Throughout the interview, she repeatedly states that she cannot cope. Her daughter has taken to ringing her several times a day to make sure she is alright, to reassure her mother that the pregnancy is going well, and to try to lessen Maureen’s worrying. Mary has also started to do some shopping and house cleaning for her mother, which she says is intended to help Maureen get some rest.
* hello everyone. What do u think of Maureen's possible diagnosis? Is it just anxiety??? pls help. Thanks!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=603507©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 11, '11 by >JustBreathe<I'm not a nursing student, but the scenario definitely sounds like she has a panic disorder (anxiety like you said). Looking forward to hear what others have to say, maybe it could be something deeper.
- Aug 11, '11 by ParkerBeanCurdRN,BSNHere are a few I came up with when reading your example”
2. Disturbed Sleep Pattern
3. Sleep Deprivation
4. Readiness for Enhanced Sleep
6. Activity Intolerance
7. Risk for Activity Intolerance
9. Risk for Impaired Parenting
10. Interrupted Family Process
12. Stress Overload
I am sure there are many more…I hope this helps.
- Aug 11, '11 by hannahvillarthank you