Hey! I need some help for my nursing study. I've always feel some trouble answering those critical thinking questions. I love some ideas or an example. Will you guys answer the questions below. If you can help me out I'd really apprectiate. Thank you so much!
Mrs. Hortense putman, a 66-year-old woman, awoke in the middle of the night and fell when she tried to get up and go to the bathrrom .She fell becasue she was not able to control her left leg. Her husband took her to the hopital, where she was diagnosed with an acute rught-sided ischemic stroke (right MCA stroke). Becasue she had awakened with sympotoms, the actual time of onset was unknown and she was not a candiate for tPA.
- Left arm, leg, and face are wek and feel numb
- Felling depressed and fearful
- requires help with ADLs
- Concerned about having another strok
- Says she has not taken her drugs for high cholesterol for many weeks
- History of a brief episode of lef-sided weakness and tingling of face, arm, and hand 3 months earlier, which totally resolved and for which she did not seek tratment
- BP: 180/110 mmHg
- Left-sided arm weakness (3/5) and leg weakness (4/5)
- Decreased sensation on the left side, particularly the hand
- Left homonymous hemianopsia
- Facial droop
- Lack of awareness of her left side of body (inattention)
- Overweight; BMI =27
- Alert, oriented, and able to answer questions appropriately but mild slowness in responding.
Critical Thinking questions
- What are the priority nusing interventions for Mrs. Putman?
- How can the nurse address Mrs. Putman's concerns regarding having another stroke?
- What strtegies might the home health nurse use to help Mrs. Putman and her family cope with her feeling depressed?
- How will homonymous hemianopsia affect Mrs. Putmans' hygiene, eating ,driving, and community activities?