Has anyone else..Register Today!
- by kayruhh Aug 8, '12Gotten all of their supplies, thumbed through the books, and thought " what the heck did I get myself into?!". Lol. I feel like I've dreamed about starting nursing school for so long, and now that im 5 days away from starting I'm kind of freaking out. Haha.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=769027©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 9, '12 by Crazed_NSYes! I did exactly this. On Monday I went and picked up my long list of books, got home and laid them all out and thought...'seriously! What have I done?' I still know this is what I want to do, but looking through all my books just kind of freaked me out!
Also, I found it hilarious that one of the biggest books I've ever seen in my life is called, 'Introduction to medsurg' Just the introduction? How big are the rest of them? Haha.
- Aug 9, '12 by wildcatchristieFor fun, I put my books on the scale. More than 40 pounds.
- Aug 9, '12 by SunshineDaisyYeah, I did the same thing. about 3 weeks before school started we had an orientation and got a reading list. It was just for the first week! I wanted to cry, there was so much! I still sometimes want to cry and am going into 3rd semester*L*
- Aug 9, '12 by allie86I have so much anxiety about starting its crazy! I keep thinking can I do it, am I smart enough, what about my kids? Will they be okay? Will I pass my clinicals etc etc. Its nerve racking but I try to have faith that God will see me through and if its meant to be it will be!
- Aug 9, '12 by bubblejet50i wanted to cry during orientation where they gave us our book bundles (big boxes weighing 80lbs) and our syllabus. i never opened a book (thanks for wasting my $750!). the first month is the worst. then it gets easier when you get in the swing of things.
- Aug 9, '12 by StoogesfanI get that sense of sheer panic every semester I see the new book list and syllabus! Lol
- Aug 9, '12 by mzrainydayzIve got like a hundred and one questions running through my head. I start on the 21st and I am happy but nervous. I can't decide on what books to get next week or wait until the first day to see what the teacher requires. It all seems so real now I just have to pinch myself sometimes, LOL! Good luck to all!
- Aug 9, '12 by kayruhhYes! Good to know I'm the not the only one having mini panic attacks. Lol. I'm sure we will all do great
- Aug 9, '12 by rubatoI'm actually too afraid to open any of my books!