Happy I can stand on my soap box and give myself kudos... anonymouslyRegister Today!
- by SweetPEI Aug 9, '124.0 this Semester!!!!! This summer consisted of 3 classes. One of those classes was pathophysiology. Everyone I spoke with told me patho made them cry . Of course, I went in with added anxiety due to this. Well, it turned out I loved patho :heartbeat, I guess it is because I also love all thing dealing with A&P. What intrigued me most about patho was the process of disease. I really took in all that I could, even reading up on diseases we didn't cover. I know that there will come some classes that will not be so easy for me, but I will strive for an A (scholarships = reduced debt). I am so very proud of myself, and am patting myself on the back on AN simply because I do not discuss my grades with my classmates for obvious ( and not so obvious) reasons. God gets all the praise because without His guidance I would not have been able to study like I did and have the willpower to say no to all the summer familiarites going on around me... Ok, I digress... Back to being me . Next semester incorporates fundamentals, pharmacology, foundations, clinicals, and one more that I can't remember right now. The biggest challenge? Pharmacolgy! I accept! I know that I may not make an A all the time (Hello: C's get degrees), but that is what I aim for. To all students currently in the program and to all those who will follow behind us, I wish you the best! I look forward to the next 1 1/2 years and am so glad AllNurses is here for the good and bad times!
- 618 Views
- Aug 10, '12 by BelleNscrubs04Congratulations!
Be proud of your hardwork and your grade on AN and everywhere else. You did good girl!
- Aug 10, '12 by SC4Nurse2BPatting you on the back too. I too loved Patho. I heard all of the horror stories of how hard it was. It was hard, but I studied constantly and also received a 4.0. It made me feel like I could do this nurse thing. Best wishes in your future endeavors.
- Aug 10, '12 by LCinTrainingCongratulations! You deserve to pat yourself on the back.
- Aug 10, '12 by Tonks57Congratulations! That is so awesome. I hope to make a 4.0 this semester as well!
- Aug 10, '12 by jngo91Congrats!!! I'm taking pathophysiology at my uni this fall and I'm sooo apprehensive!!!
- Aug 10, '12 by SweetPEIThank you all! For those feeling apprehensive about Patho: brush up on your anatomy and physiology, more so the physiology. If you know how your macro and micro systems work, then it isn't too hard to understand how they malfunction and the process of those malfunctions. I also recommend getting the "pathophysiology made incredibly easy" book to help you asking with your text. It gets to the point and gives you all you really need to know about most diseases. Thanks again!
- Aug 10, '12 by learning as i goCongrats! It is no easy feat to get A's in nursing school, so you should be super proud of yourself!! I'm about to start second semester with a 4.0 and I really hope I can maintain it through the dreaded med-surg 2.
- Aug 10, '12 by L&DRegisteredNurseCongrats and I felt the same way ^ lol