Feeling overwhelmed with gratitudeRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Feeling overwhelmed with gratitude in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... So much has gone wrong the past few weeks and we were looking at having to move AGAIN. Our...by LCinTraining Aug 8, '12So much has gone wrong the past few weeks and we were looking at having to move AGAIN. Our landlord has been so absolutely wonderful about things and insists we stay at the property we were renting to own. He says, regardless, it benefits him to keep us here, as the property remains empty (it's an old historic house we have been slowly fixing up as we had intentions of buying until a financial conundrum) until he finds an actual buyer. We know we can't stay indefinitely, but it buys us time and this is our dream house and he is bending over backwards and I feel like he's more like a dad at this point than a landlord.
My children got into the shopping bag that my new uniforms came in and thought it was a trash bag. They ruined the uniforms. I was at my computer lab orientation today and trying to figure out what I could buy today with my financial aide and what would have to wait when the secretary asked "did you buy your uniforms yet?" To which I regaled the tale.
She pulled me to a room full of used uniforms that looked almost new and handed me THREE! Said, take them. They are for students who need financial help or are stuck using their aid for everything.
I go to buy shoes and after trying on multiple shoes and telling the lady I'd be back when I had the money, I returned. The danskos were the only things that fit right and even they weren't all that comfortable. She says...wait...try these three on first. They are new. The first two were no gos, but the third pair was PERFECT and because she took the time, she saved me 75 dollars.
I swear I want to cry with gratitude today. My faith in humanity has been restored.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=768783©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,521 Views
- Aug 8, '12 by GreenEyedPeas1That is so awesome!! I love hearing stories like these. There are some great people out there. Good luck in your program! You will do great!
- Aug 8, '12 by SC4Nurse2BGod always gives us what we need just when we need it! I am so happy for you.
- Aug 8, '12 by rubatoThank you for sharing your story. I'm always happy when bad things turn good for people.
I hope everything works out for you with your house. Good luck in school!
- Aug 8, '12 by perioddramaThanks for sharing your story!
Good luck in school!!!!
- Aug 8, '12 by MeganDMThank the good Lord for everything, he has blessed you immensely through the generosity of other people! Your faith in HIM should be restored!
- Aug 9, '12 by Tragically HipCongratulations, LCinT. There are indeed a lot of good people, or a lot of good things done by people.Last edit by Esme12 on Aug 9, '12 : Reason: TOS diversive
- Aug 9, '12 by annlewisKeep on trying looks like the angels are with you you must be doing something right
- Aug 9, '12 by SC4Nurse2BI am one that believes that God will use people (not program them cuz that would make us robots) whether they know they are being used or not. Even the not so nice people.Last edit by Esme12 on Aug 9, '12
- Aug 9, '12 by LCinTrainingWell, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not religious. LOL.
However, I am very, very, very grateful to the individuals who have gone out of their way to help me.