Ex boyfriend is spreading rumors of drug use about me HELPRegister Today!
- by vsell220 Oct 20I made a bad choice chose a crazy bf and now he claims hes met with a hospital and will be having a meeting with my school tomorrow,. hes told them I use marijuana which I DONT, help what can I do to stop this and protect my reputation? and what can he do , he said he'll make sure I never become a nurse, what will my school do ? Im in my last 3months help please Im really stressing out I know hes serious and will be following through this is not an empty threat I know that much
- 2,334 Views
- Oct 20 by itzvalerieThat's terrible, is there any way you can meet with your teachers before he does & just warn them? Be calm about it. Tell them you had a bad break up & that he is trying to ruin your reputation. As long as you can pee clean if they make you, you're good. Even send them an e-mail & try to head him off.
I wouldn't worry about him going to the hospital & telling anyone. Does he have any connections there? It's not like he can walk in & talk to anyone. They will probably disregard his e-mail, they have more important things to do. Just stay calm & don't let him get to you because then he wins.Last edit by itzvalerie on Oct 20
- Quote from vsell220Do you have an advisor at school? Or a professor/instructor you can confide in?I made a bad choice chose a crazy bf and now he claims hes met with a hospital and will be having a meeting with my school tomorrow,. hes told them I use marijuana which I DONT, help what can I do to stop this and protect my reputation? and what can he do , he said he'll make sure I never become a nurse, what will my school do ? Im in my last 3months help please Im really stressing out I know hes serious and will be following through this is not an empty threat I know that much
Do you have student professional liability insurance? If so call your carrier for advice on how to protect yourself against a potential defamation of character. If you do not use illegal drugs that will be easy enough to prove should your school feel the need to investigate the bogus allegations
Perhaps consult a women's shelter as this is may be considered emotional abuse in your state. They may be able to offer support and information how to protect yourself. They can assist as even though physical abuse causes physical injuries, emotional abuse can cause just as devastating injuries
Good luck. (Sorry for format, typing on phone)
- ya thanks, Ill go in monday morning before he does and talk to them, maybe take the UA in the morning too?
- Oct 20 by Lilredhen1It concerns me that you don't mention him as a crazy EX-bf. Please tell me that you are no longer an item after this.
Peeing clean is the most important part. Offer to submit to a hair test if you like. Seek some kind of protection order against this fellow.
Your guilt will have to be proven to have you dismissed from school. With that said, it may be difficult to maintain suitable employment later is you have excessive drama going on in your life.
- Hes an EX not boyfriend, and I want to volunteer for test to prove my innocence, I assume thats what theyll ask for first things any way, Id think I had a good reputation just for making it this far
If I pee clean that should be the end of this whole thing right???
- Not necessarily if he is persistent and vindictive. You may need assistance to protect yourself and reputation. The school may not ask for the proof if it is an empty accusation and there is no corroborating evidence (you behavior, actions etc ). If they do ask for testing it will likely be at your expense. Why not explain and wait and see what the school administration says. You can check your student handbook for policies for accusations of possible drug use.
- what kind of 'protection'? liability insurance or ??? sorry so many questions Im just at a loss about my situation ... and would me talking to my school before him look like an admission of guilt? Wouldnt being surprised by it look better ?
- Oct 20 by sharpeimomOP, has this jerk threatened you in any way or is threatening to tell your program that you use drugs? If he has threatened you (even indirectly) please file a police report. There won't be anything they can do, but the report will be a matter of record if he does hurt you in he future. That you've filed the report (if he has threatened you with any type of physical violence or been violent) will insure that the police will move just a little bit faster if you do have to call them at some point in the future.
I just asked my college professor husband if he agreed with me or for any other ideas. He said that your school would look at the whole you and not just at some "lame brained email/phone call from a crackpot." He wondered whether you had now or have had during another semester, an instructor or a professor whom you felt comfortable enough with that you could explain what's been going on. That could be someone who gave you a good grade, someone who has been kind to you, or simply someone you feel comfortable with.