End of clinical presentsRegister Today!
- by paratroopa Apr 4Just curious if other programs bring in food/gifts for the clinical floor and a small gift for the instructor?
- 1,012 Views
- Apr 4 by Sparrow91I personally haven't, I have however given a card with my thoughts and appreciation to the instructor especially if they made some sort of positive impact on me. I have found as a CNA nothing means more to me than to be given gratitude, especially in writing!
- Apr 4 by classicdamenot a practice in our facility unless someone chooses on their own. Not a good habit. Becomes an expectation and then destroys the purpose of gifting.
- Apr 4 by WeepingAngelWe usually brought in goodies at the end of our clinical rotation, like bagels or donuts or fruit. Also, we usually got a card for our instructor and some kind of little gift, usually a gift certificate. I think it's a nice thing to do. If there is a nurse on the floor who took students under their wing, I'm sure they would appreciate a thank you note as well
- Apr 4 by Wrench PartyWe've done different things- we've bought breakfast for the floor, cooked them breakfast, bought a gift basket for the instructor,
flowers, cards, houseplants, etc. The objective is to demonstrate your appreciation in some way, and the staff and instructors always loved whatever it was.
- Apr 4 by NevadaFighterAt one of my clinical rotations, my instructor bought a little snacky-snack for each department we visited and a card for each of the departments and then had all the students sign. I thought it was an incredibly kind gesture in appreciation for them letting us use their facility.
- Apr 4 by KelRN215Never once did I do a clinical rotation where we did not give a small gift (usually food) to the floor on the last day along with a card and a thank you card to the instructor. When I worked in the hospital, I cannot recall any clinical group that did not bring food to us on their last day either. I don't think it is necessary or should be expected- part of working in a teaching hospital is having nursing students around- but it is a nice gesture on the part of the students since it is a lot of work for floor nurses when there are students around and they don't get any extra pay or appreciation from their management/the hospital for everything they do with said students.
- Apr 4 by MendedHeartCard and breakfast ..I.e..doughnuts, , bagels etc...we've always done that
- Apr 4 by Twinmom06we always do food...either a few dozen donuts and boxes of coffee, a few pizzas for the department etc...as for gifts for the clinical instructor it depended -