Earning a B in Chemistry really has me in a funk! - Page 2Register Today!
- May 24, '10 by RNMegWell, if your goal is graduating nursing school with honors, take heart :heartbeat I got a C in my prereq chemistry class and I was accepted to nursing school the first time I applied. I graduated May 7 of this year cum laude, with a cumulative GPA of 3.88. It can be done!
- Thanks, ThatGuy!
- Quote from thatsthekeyHa ha! ABSOLUTELY! I'm currently polling all my nursey-buddies to find out which studying strategies are working best for them in school. So far, I am hearing, "Keep your books with you at all times, and pull them out when ever you get a chance!" and "Study every day, not just before the test b/c there is way too much material to remember the day or two before."I just finished taking Chemistry too and was severely disappointed that I did not receive an A. I worked SO hard, but I failed one quiz and it destroyed my average. I barely earned a B in the class (80% exactly!), but my teacher added a curve at the end which brought me up to a B+. After a day or two I realized that I had nothing to complain about, but I know how you feel. I struggled through Chemistry and it also made me worry about the future and how I'd do, but I also think the struggle made me a better student. I hate that Chemistry is considered such a low level course, because most people find it more difficult than the higher level sciences. I guess now we can just be happy that it's over!
- Quote from MegRN2BMegRN2B! You are my HERO! You hear that? My HERO! Awesome! This really brightened my day! You're an angel!Well, if your goal is graduating nursing school with honors, take heart :heartbeat I got a C in my prereq chemistry class and I was accepted to nursing school the first time I applied. I graduated May 7 of this year cum laude, with a cumulative GPA of 3.88. It can be done!
- May 30, '10 by nl667Quote from longbow.shellyMegRN2B! You are my HERO! You hear that? My HERO! Awesome! This really brightened my day! You're an angel!
I was so worried because I just got a C in my chem class as well...13 freaken points away from a B!! But hearing that was such a sigh of relief. What school did you get into?? I want to make sure I'll apply to that!!!
- May 30, '10 by DolceVitaI wouldn't compare how you and your brother felt about the same class. My experience is that it is disheartening when I want them to say "it was a bugger" and they say "oh it was a breeze".
Off topic but:
I once had my math whiz brother help me with math. Big mistake. He was maybe a whiz at math but he couldn't teach his way out of a box. Also, he just kept saying insensitive stuff like "this is so easy. I don't know what your problem is."
By the way...I am a math whiz now because I found someone who was able to work out where there were gaps in my education (lived all over the world as a kid). I smoked calculus and gave a big raspberry to my bro.