Don't buy that used book!
- 5Sep 26, '13 by brian, ADN AdminBe careful on buying used books online. Many may be outdated. Many descriptions will not be truthful on state of book. If you need to buy a used book online make sure it has a return policy. Have tips to share? Please share with the community...
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
- 0Sep 26, '13 by Marsha238612Ha that's funny. I always wait to hear from the instructor. Sometimes the instructor doesn't care if it's a previous edition and you can save some major $ that way.
Chegg has awesome deals and their used books are very decent, not missing any pages or writings on them.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- 3Sep 26, '13 by ShelbyaStarI've been buying and selling textbooks on amazon for years now and have saved a ton and have never had an issue (still a funny cartoon though!). These days renting and e-versions are often available but I still prefer to buy so that I can sell later.
- 0Sep 26, '13 by illusion9376Honestly, I say double check with instructors. Most of them are able to be reached prior to class starting. Like with my Microbiology instructor, she allowed us to get the previous generation because there wasn't a big difference.
Also, use trusted sources. Abebooks is pretty good, as is Amazon.
- 1Sep 27, '13 by krisiepoo90% of my books thus far (in my last semester) have been used books and I've had no issues. I've even had previous editions and what I do is take a photo of someones new book table of contents (because the chapters are sometimes a little different) and just match it up to my book and get the same info. It's worked quite well for me thus far and I've saved hundreds of dollars
- 0Sep 27, '13 by i_love_patient_careI buy from allbookstores.com, which is a search engine of used books including amazon and all the major ones. I find international editions are extremely cheap, and the ISBN can be compared with the current US edition on the publisher's own web site in most cases. Never have had any issues with it and have saved hundreds of dollars.