Differences between BRUNNER & SUDDARTH'S 11th and 12th editionsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Differences between BRUNNER & SUDDARTH'S 11th and 12th editions in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hi, I am wondering if anyone had compared BRUNNER & SUDDARTH'S Textbook of Medical Surgical Nursing...by corsair Jul 16, '11Hi, I am wondering if anyone had compared BRUNNER & SUDDARTH'S Textbook of Medical Surgical Nursing Editions 11 and 12. I am supposed to buy the 12th edition package for $180 and I can get the 11th edition for around $50. I know usually the page numbers are usually different but I was wondering if anyone had seen any different information between the two. I also was wondering about Focus on Pharmacology by Amy Karch, editions 4 and 5 (specifically have the drugs changed that much, I know that an obstetrics chapter was added to the 5th edition, but someone already gave me the 4th edition so I would like to use it).
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=592055©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,539 Views
- Jul 16, '11 by caliotter3duplicate post
- Jul 16, '11 by caliotter3There is rarely any difference of importance between editions other than the jacked up price of the newer edition. Always best to ask the instructor if using the older and less expensive edition is advised.
- Jul 16, '11 by corsairThanks, I will be asking the professor. I have never had any problem using old or international versions before, but I guess nursing books are an unknown for me
- Jul 21, '11 by alodociosi am using the 11th edition for the first time, there was some info about nephrotic syndrome in the 11th that was not in the 12th i asked the nurse faculty on the excelsior discussion board and she said she had not read anything in the book about one of the causes that were listed in the 11th addition. also they had listed a med in the 11th that went with the cause and that was not in the 12th ed. so i think what i have been finding is that the 11th had more info and the 12th is scaled down from what i have seen. i went to amazon and looked in the 12th edition under renal, it seems the 12 is a bit more reader friendly.
- Jul 21, '11 by alodociosi am waiting for the nurse faculty to respond about my using the 11th version. downloaded it for free and don't have the $$ for the 12th.
- Jul 21, '11 by corsairI found an international edition from the UK for $58, but I am curious where you downloaded the 11th? I would like to have an copy to put in my computer if it is free Thanks in advance
- Jul 22, '11 by Elisheval12th is much easier on the eyes... the font of 11th is ancient looking in comparison.
- Jul 25, '11 by alodociosI am uploading the folder with the 11th edition to media fire i had to put it in a zip file if you don't have the software to unzip, you can download winzip evaluation for free for 30 days i think. anyway, after it uploads i will post the link for you.
- Jul 25, '11 by alodocioshttp://www.mediafire.com/file/5hxlpz...011th%20Ed.zip
i sent you a private message but just in case others want to see, here is my mediafire link, it is not the same one that is already on allnurses, the other download is the 10th edition. this is the 11th edition.