Crap, my first test...Register Today!
This is a discussion on Crap, my first test... in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I have my first ever nursing school exam tomorrow (Fundamentals of Nursing), I'm so nervous and...by RNStudentJ Jan 28I have my first ever nursing school exam tomorrow (Fundamentals of Nursing), I'm so nervous and terrified I haven't studied enough. I also don't know what else to study, I feel like I know so much but what if I don't know enough??! Gah, freaking out here...anyone have any advice, tips, stories, humor, suggestions, ways not to puke (haha)?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811781©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 28 by aubgurlTake a nice, deep breath! It is going to be ok...I promise! First nursing test are scary and can be hard. The questions are asked different than what you are used to but it is going to be ok. This is your first test, there will be more to come if you don't do as well as you hope. If you don't have one, I would recommend buying an NCLEX review book. I have Davis's Fundamental Success which is an NCLEX style book just for Fundamentals. I LOVE it! Just practice questions to get used to the style of questions and learn what the questions are asking. Good luck!
- Jan 30 by haleymgooseIt really helped me to use the attesting.com. Once you login go to my products, then tutorials, and then NurseLogic2.0. Hope this helps!
- Jan 30 by Jill2ShayYour URL doesn't work
- Jan 30 by StaragateFundamentals success is extremely helpful for 1st semester. Buy it, use it, share it.
Oh, and relax. Don't cram up to the minute. Do something that relaxes you right before. Avoid other people who are freaking out. Your nerves can be your downfall.... believe in yourself.
- Jan 30 by RNStudentJThanks for your replies. I made an A...all that worrying for nothing ha. Though it was much easier than I thought it would be. Maybe becasue I studied...what a surprise! Lol
URL? I'm lost...
- Jan 31 by StephalumpQuote from JamiereneeCongrats! Studying does seem to make tests easier for some strange reasonThanks for your replies. I made an A...all that worrying for nothing ha. Though it was much easier than I thought it would be. Maybe becasue I studied...what a surprise! Lol
URL? I'm lost...
I've made A's on every NS test (except the cumulative final last semester. Don't even ask me how I managed to do that) and I still freak out over every test. I never feel totally ready...and that's probably because there's too much information to actually know everything.
Anyway, a little anxiety has actually been shown to help test performance!
- Jan 31 by Nursing2102My best advice would be to take your time! I always get anxiety before/during tests. My problem is that I speed through the entire exam because I am filled with so much anxiety that I just feel the need to rush and put down my first choice! I never even used to read the questions fully and thoroughly. I've also learned to read the question first without looking at the answers, and then look at the answers once I've read the questons 1 or 2 times.
Good luck, you'll be fine!