Concept Maps? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 2, '07 by onurse1227Thanks for all the help with concept maps!!
- Jun 3, '07 by Icess64We had to do these too, although I hope we don't next year, they are such a bore! Ours are different from the ones in the examples, it is the one with the circles and triangles that suebird mentioned. And then we have the pathology info, drugs and other information on different pages. Here is an example of mine...
- Jun 10, '07 by jlgardnerWhat is the web site that you are referring to for concept mapping? I am trying to learn more about it.
- Jun 10, '07 by danh3190They're talking about doing them in our school and our clinical instructor had some of us do them. I can see positives and negatives in both standard Care Plans and the Concept Maps.
She didn't give us any specific template to use so I went on Excel and used the drawing toolbar to make the boxes and arrows and so forth. It worked out pretty well for me.
- Jun 10, '07 by ohmeowzer RNtry inspiration it's a great program i used it for all my concept maps and got always a A .... i'm sorry i don't have the web site .. but if you type in
inspiration .. you should be able to pull it up
- Jun 11, '07 by Daytonitehere is the website for inspiration software: http://www.inspiration.com/
concept maps can also be created on microsoft visio software and on microsoft powerpoint if it has the correct template added to it.
mosby has this cd program you can purchase: mosby's nursing concept map creator by giddens and kennedy for about $30. if i recall, you have a choice of shapes you can use for your boxes. i don't much care for the colors--too pastel for me. i've created all kinds of pictures in excel and word using the drawing toolbar. there are a number of shapes in that toolbar that you can create and then just type text inside them. you can connect the shapes with lines and lines with arrows that are on the same toolbar. the nice thing about using excel is that it will automatically reduce everything to fit on one page when you format it to print.
- Jun 23, '07 by macmccreadyI would love the website! I really don't understand how to get started doing them. Could you send me a private message.Last edit by sirI on Jun 23, '07 : Reason: Please do not post your email address - try to protect yourself from spammers
- Jun 23, '07 by Daytoniteall you do is click on the link and it will take you to the website. read the directions on how to use the software. there is a new sticky on the nursing student assistance forum on care maps:
http://allnurses.com/forums/f205/care-maps-225330.html. there are links there to information on what a concept map is and how to put one together. if you are being required to do this for school, you should also have class notes on how your instructors want you to set your concept maps up. didn't they give you a template to use as an example?
- Oct 30, '07 by nsgiscoolA million thanks for your help!! Take care!!
quote=twinbee25;1626206]I am surprised they didnt give you an visuals or samples. We have had to do concept maps all through nursing school. Our school at least gave us forms to follow.
This last semester they added an addendum for us to do. Though hard at first, we finally got it down. I am sharing a concept map from my 3rd semester, and also a concept map with accompaning addendum from this past semester.
hope this helps!
p.s. I blacked out any possible identifying facts.[/quote]