[Blank] Made Incredibly Easy! - book seriesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on [Blank] Made Incredibly Easy! - book series in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I noticed there are many books called "_____ Made Incredibly Easy!" (you fill in the blank - like...by GracyMae May 10, '12I noticed there are many books called "_____ Made Incredibly Easy!" (you fill in the blank - like "Dosage Calculations" or "Pathophysiology," etc.) by Springhouse / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. I would like to hear from anyone who has tried books from this series as a supplement to their nursing classes - I believe it's called the "Incredibly Easy! Series."
Are they helpful? Are they any more helpful than the "_____ for Dummies" series? (I've never tried those either)
Thanks for your input.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=708826©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,478 Views
- May 10, '12 by SunshineDaisyI think they are very helpful! I have a few of them (fundamentals, pharm, fluid and electrolytes). They are easy to read and really dummy things down for us!
- Aug 21, '12 by zoe92I know this post is over 3 months old, but I just wanted to say I love the "Made Easy" series. I am a visual learner so the way they have lots of colors, blurbs, and pictures really appeals to the way I learn. I have never tried the Dummies series so I can't really comment on those.
- Aug 22, '12 by sbostonRNThey are wonderful books! Even better are the "Incredibly Visual" books, especially Cardiovascular Care made Incredibly Visual. Made my last semester of nursing school and ACLS class so much easier!
- Aug 22, '12 by aquarius04I totally agree with sbostonRN the just brought the 'Incredibly Visual Pathophysiology' book. And it appeals to my sense of learning with pictures. I would definitely go to a book store and sit down and look at one of them to give it a feel.
- Sep 2, '12 by aachavezI love them, very similar to the 'For Dummies' series, which I also loved. The 'Memory Notebook of Nursing' (there are a couple editions available fairly cheap on amazon) and has lots of awesome pictures. Sometimes reading it the first time just doesnt stick, but reading it from another point of view can help a lot at times.
- Sep 3, '12 by ShineyNickel76I just started nursing school this semester and I am using the Pathophysiology made incredibly easier book and it is saving my butt so far. I think they are awesome.
- Sep 15, '12 by adnrnstudentGood books but what annoys me with them are how they are sort of duplicating with "made easy / made visual."
I kind of feel it's a dirty trick.
- Sep 15, '12 by turnforthenurseRNQuote from adnrnstudentI think they're just trying to tailor to learning needs...some are better with visuals, others can just rea the material and understand it.Good books but what annoys me with them are how they are sort of duplicating with "made easy / made visual."
I kind of feel it's a dirty trick.
I have some of these books and I love them!
- Sep 15, '12 by jngo91I loved Dosage Calculations made incredibly easy. It helped me a lot in my dosage calculation skills.
Actually, I passed my med math quiz because of it. Oh and if we got below an 80% on that quiz we had to take it over the second time and get a 90% or above so yeah...its pretty awesome that I got above an 80% using that book.