Barry University Nursing StudentsRegister Today!
- by GabbyT23 Jun 11Hi!
I currently attend Barry University and I will graduating next month with a degree in Adminstration specializing in Hearh Services. I've decided to pursue nursing rather than go for my Masters in Administration. I've already applied for the pre-nursing in the fall but I've yet to receive my acceptance letter (I'm freaking out!).
My plan is to finish four remaining prerequisites in the fall and apply for Barry's Accelerated Nursing Program starting January 2014. Anyway, I would love to hear from current Barry nursing students or students in pre-nursing. I have so many questions!
What would you say is the most rewarding thing about Nursing? The most difficult?
How is the course work? Do you find it to e very difficult?
Do you suggest I quit working?
Will I still be able to have a social life?
Do many students drop out? Are they weeded out?
Is there anything I should review or study before I begin the program?
Are there any study tips, tools, or aides that you suggest I use?
How is grading system like in the program?
^same question for testing
What's the deal with "nurse eating their young"? Will I encounter a lot of that at Barry?
How are the instructors?
How are the clinicals? Where are the clinicals located?
How difficult was it to get into the program, grade wise?
Any other general advice you can give would be much appreciated!
Please excuse any typos. I'm posting from my iPhone.
- 1,082 Views
- Oct 16 by Medicalgirl2011Hi ! I know I'm extremely late but I am also applying to Barry's nursing program for this spring I would also like to know the answer to some of these questions. I hope everything is going well with you and you get in
- Nov 2 by dream61792Quote from Medicalgirl2011Have you heard or received anything from Barry yet?Hi ! I know I'm extremely late but I am also applying to Barry's nursing program for this spring I would also like to know the answer to some of these questions. I hope everything is going well with you and you get in
- Nov 2 by Medicalgirl2011I called them a few days ago to see if they received all my things and they said they just got the last thing and to give them two weeks to decide
- Nov 4 by dream61792Quote from Medicalgirl2011O ok I sent an updated transcript going on two weeks. I hope to hear something from them as well. I am kind of getting nervous because it is already November and some people have already received there acceptance letters.I called them a few days ago to see if they received all my things and they said they just got the last thing and to give them two weeks to decide
- Nov 4 by Medicalgirl2011I hope we both hear soon cause I'm getting extremely nervous as well *starts butting nails* the suspense is killing me !!!
- Nov 5 by Medicalgirl2011Awwww thanks
- Nov 14 by Medicalgirl2011Good luck to you as well but they sent me a letter telling me to send yet ANOTHER transcript -_- and I can't be deliberated till my grades post either sucks for the both of us I guess