Hello All, I am new to allnurses.com. Joined the site because I am making a complete career change and needed to be among people within the nursing community. Currently an auditor with a B.A. degree in Human Services. I have been researching schools
and attending information sessions. Attended a session yesterday for an accelerated BSN and was in total shock when I was told that the ASBN program was 3 years at $42,000 a year for a total of $126,000...WOW. Anyway, I have found cheaper programs for the ASBN, and ranging from 12 - 18 months...Azusa Pacific University, specifically. I have also been looking into community colleges and well aware that they are impacted. I start school in August to fulfill the science requirements and it will take 2 semesters if I take Chemistry and Anatomy in the fall, and Physiology and Microbiology in the Spring. With all that being said...not quite sure which route to take! To anyone that can provide any information, I pose the following questions:
1. How difficult would it be to take the 2 sciences at the same time?
2. I work full-time but my job is flexible and if accepted into a program I will be able to work part-time and will be able to study at work...is this doable while attending a ABSN program? I absolutely need some income!
3. At APU, are you able to pick your own class schedule, as far as times and days that you take your classes?
4. Is anyone here attending APU, if so, how has your experience been?
5. Is it recommended that I wait to get into a community college and complete the ASN, then go back to school for my BSN...which may take YEARS?
I'm sure as the thread goes on I will have more questions