anyone needs to vent?
- 0Oct 13, '02 by christie_0307Hi i'm new to this forum... "new kid on the block". And thanks to the people for replying me.. hehe i feel special. Well I was going to reply to the post for the forum on first year students and stuff, but I thought this may be good for everybody.
If you don't know what the term "vent" is... hehe I don't know if it's just a canadian term or anything.. it just means that you can talk non stop about anything! Anything that's bothering you, anything that you just need to get off your chest. And then the people that you talk to would just listen. It basically means to just ventilate all the bad inside you!
My problem is... I just got over my anxiety of school. I had this realization that stress, and putting pressure on myself was really starting to take over me. All of a sudden I just stopped. I trusted myself not to worry, and reasured myself that things will be okay. However, when I started my first year in nursing... everybody harsh .... stresses out. There's nothing against it... i understand how they feel..... and they probably like talking to me about it because I don't really get stressed out anymore.
But the thing is .. now I am and it's so hard to get away from it. and i feel like it's affecting me!
phewww.. that was long but yea.. i just needed to vent. heheh thanks.....
- 1,061 Visits
- 0Oct 13, '02 by Vsummer1My stress seems to fluctuate too! At first, I wasn't stressed at all. Then they had that pass/fail exam and I just lost all sanity. I am back to being okay with it now though (for the moment at least) but I suspect that soon enough they will throw something at me that I will not catch!
I keep wondering if I will make it through this, start to panic, then something good will happen and I just think "no problem!".
I think the schools do this to us on purpose to test our stamina!
- 0Oct 13, '02 by babynursewannabI agree. The pass/fail part of the whole thing knocks my stress level for a loop. I'll be fine and then WHAMMO! Feel like if I don't do everything humanly possible RIGHT NOW, someone, for sure will die or something. Sure, that's insane and totally irrational, but we can't help that fight-or-flight mechanism. We can't "flight" or else we give up everything we've worked so hard for so we go into "fight" mode. See my motto below...nursing school is why
- 0Oct 13, '02 by GGingerSRI totally understand! I am a first year nursing student and STRESS was my last name in the beginning. I have realized that I have to take time out for myself, my little girl, and my husband. Just taking the night off every once and a while really helped me out. An added bonus it relieved some of the stress with the hubby! Oh did I tell you all I am five months pregnant!!! STRESS and HORMONRES do not go well together very well.
- 0Oct 13, '02 by Love-A-Nurseoriginally posted by ggingersr
i totally understand! i am a first year nursing student and stress was my last name in the beginning. i have realized that i have to take time out for myself, my little girl, and my husband. just taking the night off every once and a while really helped me out. an added bonus it relieved some of the stress with the hubby! oh did i tell you all i am five months pregnant!!! stress and hormonres do not go well together very well.
- 0Originally posted by nurs2b
Well I don't need to vent.. Have done plenty of it this past week, but I do need all your prayers tonite.. Tomorrow is my retake of the test that 17 out of 25 of us failed, and If we don't pass we are gone... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... Say a big big prayer for me.. Thanks
- 0Oct 13, '02 by AppyHorseFanoriginally posted by nurs2b
well i don't need to vent.. have done plenty of it this past week, but i do need all your prayers tonite.. tomorrow is my retake of the test that 17 out of 25 of us failed, and if we don't pass we are gone... sooooooooooooooooo..... say a big big prayer for me.. thanks