Anyone else in limbo?
- 0Jan 31, '12 by girlswcurlsI am anxiously awaiting my letter of acceptance/rejection.... anyone else in the same boat?
- 730 Views
- 0Feb 2, '12 by Dawn FitzI remember being put on a waiting list and told, "don't worry you'll definately get in...ppl drop out all the time." Well, no one dropped out. And I was devastated. I had to wait a whole year, class free, before I finally got my letter of acceptance. The interesting part is, I was on the fence as to whether or not I still wanted to continue school, if there was something else I wanted to do.
When I finally got the letter I was so excited and realized it was what I was supposed to do.
Sometimes, you have to wait a bit...to realize what you truly want. I hope you get your acceptance letter...but if not, don't give up. Good luck!!!
- 0Feb 6, '12 by rubatoWaiting VERY impatiently. I won't hear anything until March, but I'm already going crazy. This is going to be the longest month of my life. I guess we can commiserate together.
I think the not being able to plan is the hard part. I'm assuming I'm getting in, but what if I don't? I will still need 2 night classes while going through the RN program, so I guess I'll enroll in those for daytime for the fall and drop them if I get into the program.
How competitive are the schools you guys are applying to?
- 0Feb 6, '12 by leenakI applied to one school that is very competitive so...
I plan to apply to other schools as well if I don't get in but also trying to figure out other life options that may put off nursing school for a while. I don't want to go that route but sometimes family obligations can take over personal goals.
- 0Feb 6, '12 by staceymI'm waiting as well. Applied for Fall 2012 but we were told we won't find out till early July... wth? Everyone else finds out so much sooner than we do. I'm crossing my fingers that they decide to let us find out sooner so I can take care of all the stuff they need us to do beforehand (malpractice insurance, supplies, physical clearance, etc.). I'm retaking my TEAS on March 31st for a better score so I think after that, I will be REALLY IMPATIENT. Good luck everyone!
- 0Feb 6, '12 by sillywillyHi Rubato,
Not knowing how to plan is the worst part! I decided to plan as if I will get accepted, but have also come up with a plan B.
I have already saved up a years worth of car payments for while I am in school. I will have one less bill while I am in school. My boyfriend and I have also discussed either moving into a smaller place to decrease rent, or the possibility of him paying a bigger portion of rent than I do.
Plan B- Apply again next year and get a second job to save as much money as possible before I start. I can also start trying to teach myself some things in advance.
Oh, the dreaded waiting game....
- 0Feb 6, '12 by willowitaI'm also in limbo! Most of my life decisions right now (work, getting married, having a family) are hanging onto my nursing path. If I get in for the fall, then I can quit my job and focus on school 24/7. If not, I'm just going to work, save, and put off those life goals for another year.