Anyone CLEP Sociology?Register Today!
- by Jules A Dec 16, '06I've never taken a soc class but I'm thinking, how hard can it be? Famous last words perhaps!
I bought a text book to do a once over and I normally test pretty well. Any experiences you might have with this one would be most appreciated. Thanks, Jules
- 6,799 Views
- Dec 16, '06 by violingirlI've CLEP'ed Intro to Psychology and Human Growth and Dev, but not Sociology. A good study guide is instantcert.com. They have fill in the blank question lists that work really well. You have to pay 20 bucks to get in, but I think it's worth it. Just remember to cancel afterwards if you don't want to keep the subscription. REA CLEP study books are supposed to be good too if you'd rather just get a book. Textbooks tend to have a ton of stuff in them that you don't really need for the CLEP. The CLEP study guides are more specialized and focused.
CLEP's are all multiple choice, and they don't penalize for wrong answers so answer EVERY question! Also, make sure your school accepts it too. I took College Mathematics CLEP only to find out that my school didn't accept it, even though it was on their list of "accepted CLEP's." So it'd probably be a good idea to double check that.
- Dec 16, '06 by Jules AThanks for replying Violingirl. I've clep'd a couple also and found their study guide helpful. I'll check out the link you posted, thanks so much for the tips! Jules
- Dec 16, '06 by fotografeQuote from Jules AI used the REA guide. Sat in Barne's & Noble drinking coffee reading it (too poor to buy it!). Read it in a weekend, passed on MOnday. GO CLEP it.Thanks for replying Violingirl. I've clep'd a couple also and found their study guide helpful. I'll check out the link you posted, thanks so much for the tips! Jules
- Dec 16, '06 by jovI CLEP'd Sociology. Read the book, did the questions at the end of the chapter and passed. No problemo.
CLEP'd Intro Psych class and proficiencied out of Speech, too.
go for it.
- Dec 17, '06 by Jules AExcellent! I'm going to order the REA book/cd from Amazon right now, its only like $30 with shipping and get started. Thanks so much for replying, Jules
- Dec 17, '06 by sunnyjohninstacert and REA are great prep material.
They did the trick for me
- Jan 16, '07 by Jules AWhoo hoo! I did it! What a relief. Thank you so much for suggesting REA with that and the CLEP study guide I was in good shape. FWIW I used a bit of knowledge I had from previous classes of Growth and Developement as well as Statistics. Jules