Any of you been an alternate and then accepted???Register Today!
- by dsb_fam Feb 16I applied to an accelerated program and was notified today that I was an alternate. Have any of you been accepted as an alternate and how did it work? I am not holding out too much hope as the #5 alternate, but figured I'd see if anyone on here had experience with this. There were only 30 spots available and competition was stiff. They get applicants from across the nation and I am kicking myself for getting a "B" is Statistics(89%). Thanks for any thoughts or words of wisdom.
- 540 Views
- Feb 16 by OklahomaState'13I was #8 on the alternate list for an accelerated program and got a spot. The original people that got accepted had 2 weeks to accept or decline and about 3-4 weeks after I got my letter, I got a call saying I got a spot. 48 spots were available.
- Feb 17 by dawniepooI was an alternate. I got a phone call the day Friday before Monday orientation. It was the last possible day to get a phone call and I had all but given up hope. Hang in there!!!!
- Feb 18 by gathrightRN2bI was an alternate for my program that started Spring '13. Got the call the week before orientation. Stressed to get all the documents and vaccine info ready. But totally worth it. I am loving my program!
- Feb 18 by PennySQuote from gathrightRN2bThis was my experience as well. Received 10 days notice before program began. I too am loving it but getting all my ducks in such a short time frame was quite stressful!I was an alternate for my program that started Spring '13. Got the call the week before orientation. Stressed to get all the documents and vaccine info ready. But totally worth it. I am loving my program!
- Feb 18 by Bobmo88I didn't even know that I was an alternate but I had initially been denied to the BSN program I am currently going through. I got a call a month later saying that some applicants had chosen other programs and that if I wanted a spot it was mine! I hope everything works out for you!