To all the students about to start nursing school... - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 8, '12 by Mrs.Katie9Thank you so much for your post! And CONGRATULATIONS on finishing this monumental task! I feel exactly the way you describe about starting nursing school next month and after reading your post I feel a little better. At the very least, just that I am not the only one feeling this way.
Thanks & congrats again!
- Aug 8, '12 by SCSTxRNExcellent post. With the exception of making many friends in nursing school - it was spot on for me. I made 1 friend. But I worked full time and had a gaggle of children, so socializing beyond class was out of my reach. Sometimes staying awake IN class was a stretch.
- Aug 8, '12 by AndrewMThank you for this post. Today has been an off day for me... just recently I passed my pre-reqs and finished the year with a 3.97GPA. Now with that, I feel as though once I enter nursing that my grades should be the same (mainly 90s). But today I ended up doubting myself, thinking that I am not smart enough that my grades will suffer, that I won't understand the material or i'll be lost. So it is really nice to hear that other people do have these doubts and emotions. I know i'll make it, I just need to continue on with my head high and goal in sight.
- Aug 8, '12 by oztizz184graduated in May, took nclex today, passed!
this post is SO true.
YOU WILL PASS NURSING SCHOOL AND PASS NCLEX AND BE AN AMAZING RN!
4 years of hard work pays off
btw my gpa was like 3.3
you DONT need a 4.0 gpa to pass nursing school. just be confident and dont get behind in school work
- Aug 8, '12 by RGLover641Thank you so much for this post!! I'm really inspired by it and looking even more forward to starting nursing school Moving in two days and orientation starts Tuesday <3 Congrats on finishing school
- Aug 8, '12 by ZeroNightskyeThat took away some of my worries, but added some. Mostly what I'm worrying about is financial constraints, which I'm already feeling, and juggling school with my LDR. This will be the first time I'll be free to go see my sweetheart. Gotta factor in the time. Bye bye sleep. But weight gain? How does that factor in? I'm a vegetarian, but still. Also please forgive any incoherence. Sleeping pills will do that.
- Aug 9, '12 by JerseyGirl6@pwepwete
Hey im going to a community college in north jersey...hudson county college/christ hospital school of nursing...what community are you going to? If you dont mind me asking...
- Aug 9, '12 by Luv2bNurse<3Hi everyone! This is such a great thread to read... I am also starting end of August, the 27th to be exact. I have purchased all the recommended books and required( started reading months ago) and I feel like I'm prepared. But as the days close in more to the start date I'm feeling excited and anxious as well! But I guess like anything you take on in life is the best you can and keep going strong! Goodluck to everyone!
- Aug 9, '12 by allie86Thank you so much for your post. I am so nervous starting my program! I also have my BA with science in the background like others. I have three small children and I had to leave my job to accept NS. I use to work 50 plus hrs a week with the commute so I am not afraid of the time away from the fam....I can make that work! The financial issue is my biggest hurdle. I really need to work at least 15 hrs a week to help my husband with the expenses.
We are trying to see how long we can survive off of the income we have now but thats is where my anxiety loves. Did I make the right decision or is it selfish? I already have two BA!! Ugh!
Your post really helps me and gives me positivity. So often we hear the negatives about NS I am glad you gave both sides. I know it will be hard and I hope so...we are training to care for peoples LIVES.
- Aug 9, '12 by Bobmo88I start my first class for nursing school 3 weeks and I cannot wait! Thank you for the inspiration.Last edit by Bobmo88 on Aug 9, '12 : Reason: forgot to add something