To all the students about to start nursing school... - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 8, '12 by SC4Nurse2BAwesome post!! Thank you so much. Good luck with your boards.
- Aug 8, '12 by NICUrn2BThanks a bunch!
- Aug 8, '12 by Mrsladysoul83Congrats on your completion of your nursing journey. Im starting my Lpn program next week on the 16th & im nervous! This isnt my 1st attempt for nursing i failed out of RN school(74.78) in the spring of 2011 so im grateful the chance & oppurtunity to pursue my dream again even though its the lpn route. Anyway, how did you deal with the feeling of failing? That fear is constantly in the back of my mind. I know i can do this & make it but i still think about the past failure. How did you study for exams? How many hours a day of study did you do? Did you use flash cards? Did you do study group? I tried that before but my group always came unprepared & i was the one that had myself together. I study better alone because i like to talk to myself outloud or more like reteach myself what im learning. Any other help is greatly appreciated!
- Aug 8, '12 by writedThank you SO much. This is exactly what I needed as I find my anxiety level rising the closer I get to August 20th. Best wishes for success on your boards.
- Aug 8, '12 by badwolfThanks! Like another poster said, I might have to revisit this in a few months as a reminder! Good luck on your boards!
- Aug 8, '12 by ProudStudentPanicking here....12 days and counting before the day I have waited so long for to scare the crap right out of me. Your post has lifted my spirits enough that I can, yes I CAN, leave the house with confidence today. Does anyone else have those moments of feeling victorious after big deadlines, only to feel so small again waiting for the next big day? For example, I signed up for prerequisites to be so nervous to start college after 10 years of being out of school period. I blazed through those classes with no problem and lost gallons of sweat preparing for the TEAS exam. Next comes the CNA class we were required to complete and become licensed before we're accepted into our nursing program -again, that ended up being no big deal. Taking the CNA licensure exam, more sweat but now that it's done I'm laughing about my anxiety. I applied for NS, sweated tremendously while waiting to get accepted -which I did. That excitement still comes and goes by the moment, as I prepare for the dreaded first day of class and then clinical. Not to mention all those finals we had to conquer -A & P, Microbiology; etc. Don't you think that I would know how to get rid of the anxieties already? Jeesh!!!
- Aug 8, '12 by EarthhAngel2013I am entering my second year of Nursing school. I graduate in May (if I can SURVIVE!) I really don't think it is that bad. I think the material is okay. Critical Thinking is where I've always had problems! But really I think it is more the amount of paperwork, and busywork and then the massive reading lists we get. I made it through my first two semesters, now I'm going to make it through my last two.
- Aug 8, '12 by RosenhammerThank you for sharing this with us. Inspriration is something that everyone needs and you've done just that. Good luck on the boards!
- Aug 8, '12 by lojohnsonRN2bI probably won't start for another year and this is still so comforting to read this! I'm mostly scared of the "unknown"
Thank you for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!
- Aug 8, '12 by ebailey1218This is was so incredibly amazing. I start school in less than two week and you touched on most of the things that I worry about. I keep telling myself "you aren't going to kill anyone, you aren't going to kill anyone". Irrational I know, but it is something I worry about.