Acid/Base/Electrolyte balanceRegister Today!
- by Llawver Nov 20, '12Hi everyone. Im in my first semester of school to become an RN. Im doing really well with lab and clincials but these NCLEX style tests are killing me. I've managed to maintain at least a 78 on all exams thus far (we need a 77 to pass). Well last night we had acid,base and electrolytes and I got a 74. So now I even have more pressure on me for the last two exams. I'm writing this partly to vent as well as obtaining any thoughts or comments from anyone else. Did any of you have a lot of trouble with this topic?
- 2,555 Views
- Nov 20, '12 by Medic24I didn't seem to have a problem with it. Our instructor is awesome with lecture and can really put it in terms easy to understand.
- Nov 20, '12 by Esme12Acid base balance is challenging for many students and it has a lot of information to absorb. What was the most challenging for you?
- Nov 20, '12 by jamieekinsI am reading a book right now called "fluids and electrolytes made incredibly easy" as a refresher before I start my program in January. It is a AWESOME book. It breaks everything down and makes it all seem simple. You should check it out. It was recommended by a current student in the program I am going into, she told me that she had a really hard time with that part of patho and the book helped her immensely. Good luck to you! I am sure you will be fine
- Nov 20, '12 by Blue CatAcid/Base imbalances and fluids and electrolytes are tough topics. I highly recommend buying an NCLEX style prep book with rationales. Go to the books store and browse through a few different ones and buy one that clicks with your learning style. Practicing NCLEX questions will help you approach them on future exams. Many of the books are organized by topic, so you can focus on acid/base, etc. Sometimes you might even see a question on an exam that is identical to one in the book.
- Nov 20, '12 by Lovely86I am taking Chemistry right now and have major trouble with balancing those! I was hoping to never see them again This is certainly something I do not look forward to at all!
- Nov 20, '12 by ORnurseCTjamieekins: that book has been a lifesaver.
- Nov 21, '12 by arv99tLook online for the Mosby's Fluid & Electrolytes Memory Note Cards ISBN 978-0-323-06746-1. You will find it is amazing and will help you a lot with this exam. You can get it online as an ebook from Kindle also, but I took it with me everywhere. I just got a 98% on our exam.
- Nov 23, '12 by vnguyen416My professor took part in writing that book! Very great book!! That was our textbook for patho and saved our class. Highly recommend Made incredibly easy