You know you've been a nurse too long when... - Page 5Register Today!
- Jul 25 by meanmaryjeanWhen heading to bed at 9am, you say, "Don't wake me up unless...." and one of the kids finishes, "...the house is on fire- visible flames, someone fills the four-cup measuring cup with blood, Dad's stopped talking long enough to turn blue, or Helio Castroneves comes to the door! Good night, Mom."
- Jul 25 by JBuddYou sit straight up and shriek "NOT BOTH SIDES AT THE SAME TIME!" during the scene in Independence Day when they are checking to see if the scientist (Data!) is still alive by feeling his carotids.
My husband about fell over laughing, fortunately we were at home, not in a theater.
- Jul 25 by Blue RosesWhen you wake up standing at the side of your bed because you heard a call light bell in your sleep.
When you cuddle with your husband, you press on the veins in his arms and consider where to put an IV, until he says "Cut that out!"
- Jul 25 by Pepper The CatWhen you tell your Type1 diabetic 20 year old nephew to clean that scrape on his foot and apply polysporin until healed!
- Jul 25 by PeepnBiscuitsRNWhen I watch a movie or tv show in which birth is given and my immediate statement is "Congratulations on the birth of your squeaky clean 4 month old! By the way, that birth was rather precipitous- perhaps a drug screen for mom is in order and the baby should be bagged?"
Or just being with friends and family and when someone mentions an ailment, my ears perk up and I go into triage/assessment mode and present them with a care plan they didn't ask for.
- Jul 26 by OCNRN63Quote from woohOr you see the "doctor" do a precordial thump so hard the patient needs to have his sternum repaired.You know you've been a nurse too long when you can't enjoy a movie because of the half minute of CPR compressions only being given at about 50 per minute, with bent arms and there's a flat line on the monitor DURING the compressions. Oh, and it's the obstetrician doing the compressions.