You know you've been a nurse too long when... - page 4
You know you've been a nurse too long when you can't enjoy a movie because of the half minute of CPR compressions only being given at about 50 per minute, with bent arms and there's a flat line on the monitor DURING the... Read More
- 9Jul 24, '13 by twinkletoes53When you can't watch medical shows on TV without yelling @ the screen "How the heck can he be on room air? He just had a crushed chest repaired? And where are the chest tubes? And the IV pumps?"
Or you're watching a medical show, and there's a ventilator hissing in the background, but the "patient" is on room air and talking.
My friends know better than to watch TV with me! They say I drive them nuts.
- 0Jul 24, '13 by Susie2310You've just taken your car in to the auto repair shop and the tech is asking you, "What other symptoms is your car having?," and you're conscientiously describing all the details, and then you suggest that when he drives your car he makes sure he drives it in the right hand lane . . .
- 7Jul 25, '13 by BrandonLPN-When you answer your phone "Hi, your call light's on, can I help you?"
-When you're suddenly really, really good at the anatomy and medical categories on JEOPARDY!
-When the idea of working Mon-Fri 9-5 just seems like an absurd joke.
-When students and new grads look like walking chicken drumsticks (think: old Looney Tune cartoons) and it makes your stomach growl.
- 3Jul 25, '13 by nrsang97I have personally given my dad the scary nurse lecture more times than I can count about his BP and DM meds. Still non compliant.
When grandma passes out in Meijer and you have to convince EMS to take her to the ER. Never a dull moment around me.
When your aunt says "I'm glad your a nurse. My son can stay with you after his surgery when I move." She is moving out of state. He has to stay for rehab. Seriously even at home I wonder what a day off is like anymore LOL.
- 4Jul 25, '13 by prmenrsQuote from MessyMommaI always grab a produce bag and stick my hand in it before picking up any meat pkgs! I don't want that stuff on me! Esp poultry w/its Salmonella.How about when you avoid all ill, frail, decrepit looking person in public, for fear of something happening that will require your help?
Or when you are unloading your groceries at the checkout line, and notice that your package of meat has leaked. I automatically "look" for gloves before touching the bloody liquid!