You know you're an older nurse if:
1. You remember working with nurses who wore caps.
2. You remember nurses (and doctors) sitting at the nurses station drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes while charting.
3. You remember when charting was done (handwritten) in 3 different colors (black or blue for day shift, green for evening shifts, red for night shift).
4. You remember when IV fluids came only in glass bottles.
5. You remember when breast milk wasn't a biohazard. :redlight:
6. You remember when chest tube setups consisted of glass bottles, rubber stoppers, and tubing.
7. You remember when white polyester uniforms were the standard for nurses.
8. You remember when you'd have given your eye teeth for a comfortable pair of nursing shoes
(we haven't always been able to wear athletic shoes).
9. You remember when the hospital's top nurse was the director of nursing and not the chief nursing officer.
10. You remember giving lots of IM shots for pre-ops and pain meds.
HollyVK (with patient care experience going back to 1972) :gandalf: