Will I be at a disadvantage?Register Today!
- by ThePrincessBride Mar 27, '12So I am a sitter at a hospital. I have been working there for almost seven months. I am a good employee and have never had to call in sick. I have been trying for an SNA job since October without any luck. All of my classmates have been getting PCA and SNA jobs, and all I have is a measley job sitting, watching patients. After applying to twenty positions, I am starting to apply elsewhere, but I have a feeling I won't get a PCA / SNA job.Will I be at a massive disadvantage for an RN job? Did you work as a PCA / SNA ? If not, did you have a hard time finding a job upon graduation?I'm just really upset and feel like if I can't get a PCA or SNA job, I won't get a job as a nurse.
- Mar 27, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNJust the fact that your friend's are getting jobs as PCTs/Assistants will help you. It's networking. Just stay up to date, and let them know you are eagerly looking for assistant work.
And, at least you are in the healthcare mix already, though it may not be the "clinical" experience you crave for a job that will lead to a Staff Nurse. At least you will have healthcare experience to put down on your first nursing resume.
Keep up the Job search. Make sure you keep all your applications "active," and always apply to jobs with a resume, cover letter, and transcript! Good Luck!
- Mar 27, '12 by brainkandy87The only thing you need to worry about when finding a job as an RN is making sure you aren't competing for the job with any Sicilians, because you never want to go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
I never worked as a tech or an aide or a pirate before or during nursing school and I had no problem finding a job. Like BoTeLo said, just make sure you network.
- Quote from brainkandy87LOL.The only thing you need to worry about when finding a job as an RN is making sure you aren't competing for the job with any Sicilians, because you never want to go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
Watch someone be offended for the Sicilians.
- Mar 27, '12 by netglowYup, there's gonna be some fodder for the Mockery thread...
- Mar 27, '12 by classicdameDid not see this when first posted as I have been mostly dead all day. However, I do not think the others have an advantage over you. Working anywhere in a hospital gives you some experience, though you may not yet realize it. Good luck.
- Mar 27, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNWhat kind of peanut?
- Quote from BostonTerrierLoverRNInigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.What kind of peanut?
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?