What are the "private forums" you get...Register Today!
This is a discussion on What are the "private forums" you get... in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... If you upgrade your membership, what exactly are the private forums like that you get access to? ...by OCNRN63 Dec 18, '10If you upgrade your membership, what exactly are the private forums like that you get access to? Would someone, maybe a mod., be able to give a basic description of what they are?
I'm considering upgrading, but being somewhat cheap, I like to know what my money is getting me.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=521921©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Dec 18, '10 by Paco-RNI've been premium for several months, and I think I have yet to venture into those private forums. Now I am going to look for them ... ... I was happy to get a larger private mailbox, more time to edit posts, and signature/avatar.
- Dec 18, '10 by leslie :-D
- Dec 18, '10 by OCNRN63I've seen the link. I just wondered about the content of the forums.
- Dec 18, '10 by skittlebearQuote from leslie :-DHey Leslie. Thank you for the thread. As much as I'm on this site, I have also been thinking about upgrading my membership. I do have a question though that is not covered in that link. It says you can change your user name. Well, I would like to do that every 30 days or so...but when you change your user name will all the threads you posted under the previous user name be visible under the new user name for all to see? I am just asking this question because I have some paranoia, lol. What if someone from work finds out who I am and decides to read all my threads. I know that would probably not happen, but I've heard of some members that have had this happen...especially if you post a great deal on this site.
- Dec 18, '10 by pockunitAs I understand it, changing your name does not create any type of privacy. All previous posts are still available under that new id. There are a couple members who have changed their names (Carlos! I'm talking to you!), and you can still go back to read their old stuff.
- Dec 18, '10 by caliotter3And if one of their posts is quoted, you can still see it referenced to
the old name.
- Dec 19, '10 by OCNRN63Wow. These private forums must be more secretive than national security information. No one is giving anything up about them! LOL. I guess I'm staying put for now; I don't spend my money without knowing what I'm getting for my $$.
- Dec 19, '10 by SlightlyMental_RNThanks for asking about this, as I've wondered the same things.
- Dec 19, '10 by canesdukegirlI have been wondering too.