What makes you want to vomit? - Page 5Register Today!
- Dec 10, '12 by Sun0408I haven't found anything nursing related but the hospital food is bad enough to make me want to vomit
- Dec 10, '12 by PediLove2147Vomit makes me want to vomit. I start to gag every time, especially if it has food in it.
I got used to secretions when I did home care, the kid I took care of needed frequent suctioning and I was hit more than once.
- Dec 10, '12 by brillohead
- Dec 10, '12 by BrandonLPNThe ad that pops up at the top for me is for some sort of sheet of paper to put between your skin folds in your belly to avoid skin-on-skin irritation. Not a vomit-inducing ad, but disturbing enough in it's own way....
- Dec 10, '12 by MJB2010GI bleed smell makes me gag. Oh and when I was pregnant EVERYTHING made me throw up. I mean everything. The food trays, the vomit, the puke, the smell of blood. Smell of soap, perfume, food, and anything else with an odor.
- Dec 10, '12 by lovinlife11The smell of hospital food trays. Particularly lunch and dinner trays. Also, inserting ng tubes, creeps me out!
- Dec 10, '12 by sarakjpThe smell from ileostomies. BUT the worst smell I have ever smelt was something I experienced back when I was a student. I am having trouble describing it (not a surgical nurse at all). It was an open stomach, with a raised transparent dressing covering it. The patient was still eating and drinking a little so when the nurse opened it to clean and change the dressing OH MY GOSH. It was UNHOLY. I haven't seen anything like it since in my nice little medical bubble. I would probably go as far to say that a lot of surgeries would make me squeamish. Anything other than the bronchs/trach insertions/central lines/EGDs, TEEs that I see at the bedside are a noooooooo thank you.
- Dec 11, '12 by Lil'mamaSputum/hocking
Smell of gi bleed
- Dec 11, '12 by ccarey09I'm a cna and can do mouth care, but the sound of dentures coming out of a residents mouth makes me want to GAG. And I there's a resident that has a colostomy bag. Omgosh, it's awful. It's not all colostomies. Just this one. There's another resident with 1 and hers doesn't bother me as bad.
- Dec 11, '12 by WeepingAngelI got super light-headed when I was watching a doc do an I&D at the bedside of an infected knee... when he 'expressed' a bunch of pus and blood, I almost passed out.