What keeps you at your job??? - page 3
Hi all, would like to know what things about your job keep you there??? Seniority, pay, benefits, convenience, professionalism, experiences, working conditions, mentorships, etc.??? Let us know. ... Read More
Nov 15, '021) I really enjoy the challenges of critical care.
2) I like most of my co-workers, and the ones I don't like, I don't have to work with that much.
3) I like working nights and picking my son up from school every day.
4) The money's not bad (at this point; remember I'm pretty new!)
5) My future career goals (I don't want to have to "start over" somewhere else).
6) It sure beats waiting tables, hostessing, renting cars, admitting patients to ER and doing 10 key all day long (my previous jobs).
Nov 15, '02I am where I am now for my year of experience before I go to the ICU. I am also there because I like hospital nursing and I love the patients I take care of. :-)
Nov 15, '02Left a job 6 mos ago due to difficulty dealing with management styles of a new DON. She didn't like mine, I didn't like hers. Unfortunately I still miss my coworkers. There was alot of comraderie and teamwork. I would've stayed had it not been for the DON. Now I can't find that connection with other jobs. No grass isn't always greener but sometimes you have no choice but to go to the otherside and hope for the best.
Nov 15, '02Me? I want to work someplace long enough to get some vacation hours! It's been a long, long time.
Nov 15, '021. Close to home.
2. Making headway on improvements for staff.
3. Doctor's fairly reasonable about patient advocacy issues.
4. Pay is fairly decent, comparitively.
5. Until masters degree finished, no energy for new job anxiety.