What I miss/don't miss about my previous nursing position - page 4
I saw where someone posted "now that's one thing I don't miss about LTC!" And I thought, hmm, we will more often say what we don't like about CURRENT jobs, but not say so much about our PREVIOUS... Read More
Jan 14, '07To all: Sorry! :smackingf Just a real sensitive area. I had to justify so much, I went looking for another job right after that and within a year, I was OUTTA there!!!
Jan 14, '07Quote from shrinkyrnYes, it sounded like they did a number on you, glad you are out of there!To all: Sorry! :smackingf Just a real sensitive area. I had to justify so much, I went looking for another job right after that and within a year, I was OUTTA there!!!
Jan 15, '07Quote from BluehairNo amount! How about 25 million for 2 months straight out of a year. I know that's being unrealistic but I think saying no amount of money is unrealistic as well.I Don't Miss being on call. No amount of money is worth it when doc's schedule routine procedures to be done during on call hours, so that you are there from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., then get called back in at 1 a.m. for a true emergency case.
I Do Miss some of the autonomy I had when working as a Radiology nurse, the wide variety of cases we had with some excellent radiologists who were really into teaching.
Jan 15, '07Quote from scholar(chuckle) I guess you are right. I could certainly do that - and then spend the rest of my life in an institution!No amount! How about 25 million for 2 months straight out of a year. I know that's being unrealistic but I think saying no amount of money is unrealistic as well.
Ok, perhaps I too am given to exaggeration ...
Jan 15, '07Quote from shrinkyrnHeehee. I worked in-pt psych too, however it was a RTC for male adolescents. I was the only RN for a 30 bed unit. One nurse per shift, that was it. I worked days/evenings. We had to get coverage, use our PRN pool (which was small) and/or use agency to cover our shifts if we would take a vacation or become ill. Of course we had milieu staff....not always enough beefy men or ample milieu staff per shift..which was unsafe due to census & of course take downs/therapeutic hold etc.. Do kinda miss some of the good kids, but don't miss the bad ones...lol.I recently left hospital nursing for outpatient!
I worked psych inpt.
1. I don't miss being the ONLY RN for up to 18 pts. (Mental health workers were the rest of the staff):trout:
2. I don't miss NEVER being able to leave the floor.:angryfire
3. I don't miss non-nursing immediate bosses who didn't understand :trout:
4. I don't miss getting suspended for saying "NO" I don't have the help and can't!!!!-(it was easier for them to suspend me than give me help):trout:
5. I don't miss working 12 1/2 hours:selfbonk:
6. I don't miss being told I can't have time off, because there is no RN to cover me.
7. I don't miss 3-4 admissions a day, of which I had to do the entire admit (Only RN remember)
8. I don't miss being so stressed out daily that I thougt my name was be-otch!! :flamesonb
I do miss my friends, fortunately, I keep in touch. :biere: :icon_hug: