What does this meanRegister Today!
- by LoveMyBugs Dec 31, '06Please excuse my ignorance, but what does 0.8 FTE, and 0.6 FTE mean?
I have seen those on job postings next to the number of hours per week and have no idea what they mean. Thanks
- Dec 31, '06 by Ayvahfte basically means full time employee, so 1 fte would be a worker who works 80 hours per 2 weeks. .8fte or .9 fte would probably be used for nurses who work 72 hours per 2 weeks. .6 fte would probably be for a part time employee
- Dec 31, '06 by GardenDoveI was under the impression that FTE stands for 'full time equivalent'. So, it is a percentage of full time, with a 1.0 being full time.
- Dec 31, '06 by traumaRUsyes, FTE - full time equivalent:
1.0 fte - 80 hours per pay period (every two weeks)
0.9 fte - 72 hours per pay period (every two weeks - usually 3 12's).
0.6 fte - 64 hours per pay period
and so on down the line. What constitutes full time versus part-time is individual to the institution.
- Dec 31, '06 by miko0140.8 = 64 hours
0.6 = 48 hours