What does BLS mean?Register Today!
- by J Lynn Jul 24, '04Some job postings say "BLS required". What does that mean?
- Jul 24, '04 by suzy253Quote from J LynnBasic Life Support (?)Some job postings say "BLS required". What does that mean?
- Jul 24, '04 by ParamedicatedBLS: Basic Life Support
ALS: Advanced Life Support
ACLS: Advanced cardiac Life Support
- Jul 24, '04 by KS studentThe CPR class I just took was called "BLS"...Basic Life Support.
- Jul 24, '04 by justjennyQuote from J LynnSome job postings say "BLS required". What does that mean?
It is one step up from a basic CPR class.
Usually can be done in one Saturday. Call local hospitals to find out when they are having their BLS classes. It was required for us before we started clinicals, and is typically held in hospitals every few months for their employess (and anyone else)
ADN Dec 2005
- Jul 24, '04 by J LynnThanks, everyone. I feel that I need to brush up on my CPR skills anyway. So I'll ask about the BLS also.
- Jul 24, '04 by ParamedicatedI don't think you can practice medicine with out a Health Care Provider level CPR card.