During school clinical rotations I never had the chance to...
1. Insert a Foley catheter
2. Start a peripheral IV
3. Insert a NG tube (I've still never done this in my 7 years of bedside nursing)
4. Irrigate an indwelling urinary catheter
5. Perform a real head-to-toe assessment
6. Apply a wound vac
7. Flush a PICC or central line
8. Administer blood
9. Perform intraosseous infusions (Still never done this)
10. Assess for livor mortis or rigor mortis
The ones I listed are the top ten, but there's still so much I never learned in nursing school. My nursing programs
(LVN and RN) focused on passing NCLEX and not much else.