What to about DON if they are wrongful interfering with my emloyment relationship.
- 0Feb 3, '12 by cpeele19I got a verbal counseling on Lab order ..regarding twiceI were unable to perform a procedure on a patient and didn't ask for help from the supervisor. Delay in patient care. my reasons ..she put was dont just leave a note in 24 hour report. and all this is not true. The test was order and I attemp to get the first time but the urine was contaminated with BM and second time, it was unsufficient due to resident kicking my arm during str. cath... so I knew I was going to be off the next night so I always past on to next shift but also put it on 24 hour report to let all the nurse know about if ...they forget I told them in report..well this Superviser always trying to nail me for any and everything... and I am sick of it.... she never want to hear my side.. and the charge nurse and I had to re attempt to get the sample of urine... and it was hard.. she try and I did too.. she didn't tell this information during the meeting ... its like every man for themselve. She is always complaining aboout my work performance or attitude.. because I speak up.. to the management. She give unfavorable or negative work performance reviews of my work performance. What should I do because I want this resolve.
- 5Feb 3, '12 by GrnTeai regret that i'm having a really hard time understanding you. is there a communication problem with your work, too? sounds like it to me. if you left a written note that resembles this post i can understand why the next shift might not have understood it.
- 3Feb 3, '12 by tokmomI'm not sure I understand what you are saying, but if it's what I think it is..not being able to obtain specimen and having the next shift attempt, then chart this in the notes AND call the MD if you must and ask plan B and chart what the MD said.
You can't attempt, fail and then do nothing about it. You have to cover your butt in charting and calling the MD.
- 2Feb 3, '12 by caliotter3If your note to the next shift is like your post here there may be a tendency to skip over your written efforts because people can not understand you and therefore they do not take you seriously. This could also be the attitude of the supervisor.
- 1Feb 3, '12 by Esme12 Asst. AdminIt is difficult to understand you.....it maybe a language barrier issue. If it is you need to ask them how to better helpyou communicate your needs. If it is not what I am getting is that they are saying if you can't carry out the order, call the supervisor. If that is what they want then.....call her and document that you were unable to obtain specimen and that you notified the charge and supervisor that you could not AND that you notified the MD of the delay. It may seem to them that you have a "pattern" of "inability to carry out orders" and delay in obtaining specimens when that may not be the case at all. My advice is to show them how hard you try and that you are willing to make changes to improve the process and imporvements to document you progessin a more effective way. Good Luck!
- 0Feb 4, '12 by kidsI'm not sure what you're asking but I'll take a stab at it.
Failure to carry out obtaining a lab is a deviation from care in addition to putting it on the 24 hour log and passing it on to the next shift it needs to be documented in the patients chart: that you tried twice, that you were unsuccessful, why you were unsuccessful and what you are going to do about it (ie; noted on 24 hour log and verbal report given to oncoming nurse).
It sounds like the DoN is actually supervising you and counselling you on your attitude and job performance.
You do realize that is their job, right?
What should you do?
Correct the issues that have been brought to your attention or quit. But keep in mind, if your supervisor's concerns have any basis things won't be any better at the next job.