I am starting my prereq's this fall. I am really excited to get them over with and start the nursing program. anyhow, I was just curious about volunteering at my local hospital....
1) what kind of work would I be doing? I'm not asking because I don't want to get stuck with dirty work(because I won't mind
) but because I want to make sure it is something I can handle.
2) Would I be mostly helping nurses or patients or what?
3) Do nurses/doctors feel that volunteers only get in their way?
4) Do hospitals REALLY need volunteers?
5) Do a lot of people volunteer?
6) How many hours can I get?
I just want to get some good hospital experience because I am itching to become a nurse, but I just wanted to research volunteering a little just to make sure I can handle it.