This is what I found on that site...while some of them are things that cannot be overlooked, some are things that should have been discussed with the prospective employee. I also don't see any time limit on there, like did this happen when the employee was 18 and is now 50 (time and maturity do make a difference IMHO).
Each month, GroupOne publishes the "Top Ten Most Unwanted Applicants" list. We survey all pre-employment screening reports to determine ten of the most startling facts applicants conveniently fail to communicate on their hospital employment applications. Our "Top Ten Most Unwanted", include the following:
10. RN- Travel Nurse- Felony, theft by worthless check, received 3 years probation. Resigned position.
9. Staff radlographer- Public lewdness, received I year probation. Resigned position.
8. Registered Nurse- Felony, manslaughter, sentenced to 10 years confinement. Resigned position.
7. Medical Technologist-Assault-spouse, received 2 years probation. Discharged for inappropriate conduct with non-patient.
6. LVN II- Criminal trespassing, sentenced to 60 days injall. Felony, aggravated assault, received 10 years probation. Discharged for performance.
5. RN- Forge/alter prescription, received I year probation.
4. Applicant- Felony, injury to a child, received 10years probation. Felony, aggravated assault- serious bodily injury, sentenced to 5 years in the Texas Department of Corrections. Felony, aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, sentenced to 7 years in the Texas Department of Corrections.
3. Radlographer- Felony, possession of a controlled substance by fraud, received 5 years probation. Felony, abandoning or endangering a child with intent to return, received 5 years probation. Resigned position for other employment.
2. Nursing Supervisor- Indecent exposure, received I year probation.
1. Respiratory Care Tech- Felony, possession of a controlled substance under I gram, sentenced 2 years and 6 months confinement. Felony, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, received 10 years probation. Discharged for unsatisfactory work performance.
It's pretty scary to think that "Big Brother" is watching every move you make now!!