The type of nurse I DO want to be...Register Today!
- by ktwlpn Jul 22, '10And now for something completely different...
I want to be competent to carry out my duties as assigned.
If I can't be pleasant please give me the strength to at least NOT be unpleasant. I want to always be courteous to others.
Give me the strength to offer my assistance to co-workers instead of sitting with my aching bunions elevated after my stuff is done.
Remind me to NOT be judgemental-unless a co-worker is markedly unsafe let me shut my mouth. No one is going to do things exactly the way I do them and that does not make them a bad nurse. Nor does it make me better then them.
I want to be prompt and dependable.
I want to leave my personal drama at HOME-give me the strength to just walk away from other's drama.
- 1,305 Views
- Jul 22, '10 by Chapisi want to be a fast learner-and be able to be on my 'own'.
i want to be a good asset to my future 'team'.
i want to be a good nurse that years down the road future new rn's can come to me and ask me for advise or for help. i would love that.
- Jul 22, '10 by donsterRNI want to be the nurse that:
Always has the time to talk and laugh with my patients.
Is knowledgeable and proficient in my skills but knows when to get help.
Remembers his indoor voice on night shift.
Doesn't complain about the 7th admission this night.
Develops selective hearing when necessary.
- Jul 22, '10 by Glad2baRNI want to put a smile on my patiences' faces
I want to be able to make mistakes and learn from them and get mentally stronger and smarter from them
I want to be respected by doctors when I become an NP (even with a possible DNP)
I want to be nurse that works without borders
I want to be the best nurse I can possibly be
I want to look over my life and say changing careers to become a nurse was the best decision
- Jul 22, '10 by rebelgirl#1I want to be the nurse who does the best job she can every day at work.
I want to be the nurse who cleans up after her self.
I want to be the type of nurse who does not cause my coworkers face to fall when they see me.
- Jul 22, '10 by wishinguponastarLPNI want to be the kind of nurse that creates a positive work environment.
I want to be the kind of nurse that doesn't "sweat the small stuff!"
I want to be the kind of nurse that safely and effectively provides excellent patient care.
- Jul 23, '10 by LouisVRNI want to never forget what its like to be the one in the bed or the family at the bedside.
I want to be the one everyone else can be depend on.
I want to act in a way that my preceptees to continue to say they want to be like me
I want to make a difference
I want to be the one other people want to work with
I want to be a charge nurse who remembers what its like on the floor and have the courage to stand up for my staff
I want to be able to tell management no and have them listen
I want to never make a mistake someone else pays for